Obekpa

• 83 replies

boo3

Re: Obekpa
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
 Maybe the reporter has heard or knows stuff behind the scenes.. I'm sure the question wasn't asked just because of "body language".. These guys , a lot of them, are around the team a lot.  They know what is going on..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:17:48 AM by boo3 »

desco80

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
Yea, you two are probably right.   There's a pattern of division and dissent.    I guess I just don't see a point in asking about a player who "seems to be trying to find himself".  That's an invitation for coach speak.   Ask the coach why his team blows and said player hasn't been taught a hook shot in his two years here...

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
Simply ask him why Obekpa looks upset.  Is something wrong with him?  Searching for himself is idiotic.

Marillac

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Maybe the reporter has heard or knows stuff behind the scenes.. I'm sure the question wasn't asked just because of "body language".. These guys , a lot of them, are around the team a lot.  They know what is going on..

They all read these sites. All of them...media, players, coaches. I'd bet the question came from the rumors on this site (timing is too good) maybe supported by the body language and smaller role.

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
They all read these sites. All of them...media, players, coaches.

If that's so, then listen up Chris.  You would have to be an idiot to leave this team after this season.  With Double G and DR graduating,  you and Mr. Jones will be the only game in town next season.  You are going to play all game every game until you either foul out or drop from exhaustion your Jr. and Sr. years.  Your shot blocking numbers will be through the roof.  Your going to have all the opportunity you need to impress the pro-scouts right here in Queens.

You too Rysheed.  Your playing decent minutes already as a freshmen and it's only going to get better and better.  Your minutes will go up again your sophomore season then when 3'lo, Mean Joe and the Aggie graduate, you too are going to play all game every game until you either foul out or drop from exhaustion your Jr. and Sr. years. Your scoring and assist numbers will be through the roof.  Your going to have all the opportunity you need to impress the pro-scouts right here in Queens.

Tiznow

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
Is there one quote from the kid that he's unhappy here? 

FWIW I heard he was sick (stomach) the past game.   The info is probably no more reliable than what gets posted here so take it or leave it. 

ras

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »

FWIW I heard he was sick (stomach) the past game.   The info is probably no more reliable than what gets posted here so take it or leave it. 

You may be right. But PMG does not usually run his mouth.

Poison

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »
Food poisoning sounds like bullshit. Hopefully after the season, we can replace Lavin immediately, and keep the guys we've got. Defections are part of the deal when you fire a coach, but the players don't always run away. Some like going to St.John's.

As far as I recall, no one left when Jarvis took over for Fran.

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »
Simply ask him why Obekpa looks upset.  Is something wrong with him?  Searching for himself is idiotic.
Yes "searching for himself" is a attempt to soften a more appropriate direct question

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2014, 09:39:25 PM »
Searching for yourself, best I can recall went I was a young fellow at the tavern after a few in the gent's.

cjfish

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
Obekpa is not out of the project stage yet.  If they lose another 2 games may as well play him 25 or more per game.  He has potential, plays D, and giving him  significant minutes now would be a positive in what is turning into a wasted season.  Problem of course is, who will teach him??

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
GG's defense and rebounding have been terrific the last couple of games.  He has also been rather efficient on the offensive end.  Unfortunately, tonight he missed the alley-oop from Dom and he fumbled another entry pass on the block.  Otherwise, he had a good game in limited minutes.  Btw, I think 12-15 minutes is good for him.

Been saying this since the Syracuse game. I think Gift needs to play and Sampson needs to learn to box out. If it were me Gift would spell Obekpa in a 25/15 split in favor of Obekpa. Sanchez/Sampson would be split down the middle at PF. Pointer, Greene, Harrison and Hooper can share at the SF/SG spots. Then Branch/Jordan would share at the PG spot.

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 12:21:52 AM »
GG's defense and rebounding have been terrific the last couple of games.  He has also been rather efficient on the offensive end.  Unfortunately, tonight he missed the alley-oop from Dom and he fumbled another entry pass on the block.  Otherwise, he had a good game in limited minutes.  Btw, I think 12-15 minutes is good for him.

Pointer, Greene, Harrison and Hooper can share at the SF/SG spots.

Sorry to derail this a little bit, but is there a reason why Hooper is favored over Bourgault? Is he a smarter player? Neither of them have shown much ability to actually shoot the 3, but at least Frenchie can put the ball on the floor.

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »

Sorry to derail this a little bit, but is there a reason why Hooper is favored over Bourgault? Is he a smarter player? Neither of them have shown much ability to actually shoot the 3, but at least Frenchie can put the ball on the floor.

Max is shooting almost 39% from 3, I'd say he has shown to be a good 3 point shooter

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:40 AM »

Max is shooting almost 39% from 3, I'd say he has shown to be a good 3 point shooter

Wow, is he really? Ok, I was wrong, I guess I just am only watching when he misses. Carry on.

Poison

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:53 AM »
Hooper's bone head play against providence cost us the game. I'm fine w giving Marco a chance. Hooper can wave the towel. He might be shooting 39% from 3, but that number is meaningless when it's taken out of context. He lit up GTown after the game was over. Big whoop.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:55:36 AM by Poison »

goredmen

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 12:54:39 AM »

Wow, is he really? Ok, I was wrong, I guess I just am only watching when he misses. Carry on.

Thats because 9 of his 17 makes came in two games. 5 against Penn state and 4 long after the Georgetown game was decided

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
Someone told someone etc etc etc,please!

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend

So...uh...your girlfriend looked like a dude?

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »

Well somebody told me
You had a boyfriend

So...uh...your girlfriend looked like a dude?

Killers song if anyone was interested