@Seton Hall Game Thread

• 343 replies

bk8664

Re: @Seton Hall Game Thread
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »

We won despite 19 turnovers.
We dodged a big one.
That's hard to do. Have to cut those down on Sunday night.

Positives:
Jordan's jumpers in the first half.
Greene's spot up shooting in 1st half. He's shooting 40% from three... he's becoming effective.
Sampson passing out of the post.
Very good team free throw shooting.
Jordan with some awesome passing, especially with the cojones to pass to Obekpa at the end of the game.
Obekpa showing soft hands receiving tough passes.
Dom showing a bit of a mid-range game.

Didn't like:
Tons of turnovers - almost all the players...

« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »
one of the posters always predicts that obekpa will win a game win with a foul shot. who is it?

Ha was thinking of that too. Finally got it right

Tiznow

« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2014, 11:41:24 PM »
This was the tough one to get out of the way.  Four home games are must wins.  They play well at MSG.

cjfish

« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
Absolutely terrible performance, pathetic.  SH undermanned!!!  D awful, poor ball movement, bad shot selection,,,,,lucky Jordan looked good and Dlo can make free throws.  But, its a win.  Hopefully got the bad one out of their system against the right team.

Poison

« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
Rysheed Jordan's bounce pass was the most incredible clutch pass I've seen in a long time. Marvelous.

Most incredible clutch pass since Omar Cook to Anthony Glover at MSG vs UK?

Poison

« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:22 PM »
Absolutely terrible performance, pathetic.  SH undermanned!!!  D awful, poor ball movement, bad shot selection,,,,,lucky Jordan looked good and Dlo can make free throws.  But, its a win.  Hopefully got the bad one out of their system against the right team.

How about the end game? We've played well vs SU, Nova and Prov only to come up empty because with the game winding down we didn't know what to do. The brightest point any STJ fan can look to tonight is that we've found our end game. Finally.

So buck up little camper. We won.

« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Just finished watching on dvr, glad we won, move on. It felt like we travelled about 20 times.

desco80

« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
Where's qcredman?  Almost every week he predicts a one point win with Obekpa hitting the  hitting the game winner at the foul line. 

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »
one of the posters always predicts that obekpa will win a game win with a foul shot. who is it?

QCRedmen

My dream come true.

What does it mean?

We go the Final Four.

In 2023.

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
If we enter the BET at 10-8 I think we have to win 2 games and make it to Saturday if we want to hear our names on Sunday
Depends. One of Providence, St Johns or Georgetown(Well Marquette I guess isn't out of the picture) will have to play in the 1st round, most likely against Butler. I don't think that really matters for whoever so obviously would prefer to get a BYE.

If we play Xavier/Marquette/Georgetown and win, I think there's a fair shot we steal one of those teams bids by downing them. I think getting one win vs one of those could be huge(Would get us in a play in game) but of course beating a Nova or Creighton certainly would not hurt and if we do that and reach the BE final then we should dodge the play in game.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:57:28 PM by Blindsided »

cjfish

« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »

How about the end game? We've played well vs SU, Nova and Prov only to come up empty because with the game winding down we didn't know what to do. The brightest point any STJ fan can look to tonight is that we've found our end game. Finally.

Love it that we won but this game should have been over with 10 minutes left, talent level of SJU far superior, even allowing for relatively mediocre play.  THis was just a poor game better left in the rearview mirror

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:03:37 AM by cjfish »

« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2014, 11:59:13 PM »

QCRedmen

My dream come true.

What does it mean?

We go the Final Four.

In 2023.

we all just marked our calendars nostradamus

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2014, 11:59:21 PM »

There were a lot of factors including coming off a big win, traveling in terrible weather and late game, that could have resulted in us losing (and usually have for us), but good teams pull out wins. We were short without Branch also. So I disagree and think this is a good win.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:01:15 AM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:46 AM »

« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »

« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »
To play that poorly yet win is a blessing.  6 and 6 with a puncher's chance feels awful good after the start form hell.

Beat the Hoyas and this thing get's real interesting.  We could be playing the season finale in Wisconsin for all the marbles.

« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:46 AM »
Ugly. But a win is a win. Letting Seton Hall kill us on the boards in the first half and getting all those second chance points was ridiculous. Defense wasn't nearly as sharp, and we made so many sloppy/bad plays that we have avoided during this recent run. I think we might have traveled 6-7 times.

Glad we got out of our house of horrors with a W. We never play well there. I think the Hall being without Oliver was addition by subtraction - not too many dumb 3's by the Hall and guys playing t

« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
Turning point in the game was Gibbs nearly airballing the front end of his one and one. If he nails both of those then we are discussing how we want Lavin fired right now.

Poison

« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:31 AM »
Harrison's block w under a minute to go was huge. He not only got the block, but he recovered the ball as well. Not his best game by any means, but he did a lot of little things that kept us in it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:47:52 AM by Poison »