@Seton Hall Game Thread

• 343 replies

Foad

Re: @Seton Hall Game Thread
« Reply #340 on: February 16, 2014, 06:52:05 AM »
Your boy Avery Peterson was the poster child for this. I actually like Peterson and think he would be huge on this team, but Roberts let him do whatever he wanted.  He was probably over 50% from deep with his feet set or curling of a screen with no dribble.  I'd bet he was in the teens off the bounce.

How come you can remember how a player set his feet in 2006 but you can't remember his name?

« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »
The story of Phil Greene tonight. He had 4 three point attempts and the two he made were set catch and shoot shots. The other 2 were off the bounce and were misses.

One of them he got fooled by the old fake student shot clock count trick.  He shot a beyond Nba range rushed 3 with 7 seconds left because he thought the clock was expiring.

Always an excuse…… :)

Not many excuses needed for a player shooting a ridiculously high 41%.   :)

I want to lock you and him in a room and show you a 2 tapes worth of jumpshots.  Case in point the first two he took last night where he stepped into the shot.  As opposed to the other which was forced regardless of how much time 3 fans in attendance might have been chanting.

Carry on!

I'm confused.  Is your point that Mean Joe should only take a three point shot if it's "catch and shoot"?  If he has to dribble first he shouldn't take it?

Nothing to be confused about.  He might have grown up watch MJ fadeaways but MJ he is not.  When he gets the pass square and step into the shot.  When he has the ball himself same thing.  Or dribble and step into.  He has a bad tendency to fadeaway.  Like Obekpa was doing on the FT line which he now stopped.  *I think they are roomies.  Maybe they practice fadeaways on the nerf hoop in the apartment :)

Triangle took 2 three's yesterday.  First one he took several fancy dribbles to free himself from the defender,  fades away 3...nothing but net.  Second one he receives the pass...spots up in rhythm stepping into the shot and misses.  I really don't know what you're talking about.

Moose

« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »
The story of Phil Greene tonight. He had 4 three point attempts and the two he made were set catch and shoot shots. The other 2 were off the bounce and were misses.

One of them he got fooled by the old fake student shot clock count trick.  He shot a beyond Nba range rushed 3 with 7 seconds left because he thought the clock was expiring.

I want to lock you and him in a room and show you a 2 tapes worth of jumpshots.  Case in point the first two he took last night where he stepped into the shot.  As opposed to the other which was forced regardless of how much time 3 fans in attendance might have been chanting.

Carry on!

I'm confused.  Is your point that Mean Joe should only take a three point shot if it's "catch and shoot"?  If he has to dribble first he shouldn't take it?

Nothing to be confused about.  He might have grown up watch MJ fadeaways but MJ he is not.  When he gets the pass square and step into the shot.  When he has the ball himself same thing.  Or dribble and step into.  He has a bad tendency to fadeaway.  Like Obekpa was doing on the FT line which he now stopped.  *I think they are roomies.  Maybe they practice fadeaways on the nerf hoop in the apartment :)

Triangle took 2 three's yesterday.  First one he took several fancy dribbles to free himself from the defender,  fades away 3...nothing but net.  Second one he receives the pass...spots up in rhythm stepping into the shot and misses.  I really don't know what you're talking about.

Oh ok Carmine.  Your right.  2 shots is a perfect sample size.
I used to respect your posts.  I don't anymore.
If you still think a fadeaway is a better percentage shot than stepping into one I don't know what to tell you anymore.  Maybe I should watch a different sport then.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:25:39 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »

Carry on!

Oh ok Carmine.  Your right.  2 shots is a perfect sample size.
I used to respect your posts.  I don't anymore.
If you still think a fadeaway is a better percentage shot than stepping into one I don't know what to tell you anymore.  Maybe I should watch a different sport then.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

All right...All right.  Don't get your panties all in a bustle.

You pointed out something I hadn't noticed.  I said I would watch out for it.  The very next contest I was looking for it and the opposite occurred.  I know it's not a large enough sample size.

I on the other hand have a great deal of respect for you and your posts.