Looking ahead

• 175 replies

hnk

Re: Looking ahead
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
At least when needstogo is posting Linda is scarce.

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 08:51:49 PM »
Boo, sorry to break the news to you that Branch is just not a good basketball player.  I know you were super excited when the great Lavin reeled in that big fish and all you heard was how a top 50 pg transfer out of Texas A&M was coming.  Well stop believing everything you hear because sometimes you have to have a brain of your own to make decisions and assumptions. It might be hard for you but you should give it a shot sometime.  This season has been a huge failure and you want to tell me how great Branch is and he's better than everyone else we have.  Cmon Boo

boo3

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 08:56:44 PM »
 Branch?  Never advocated for him, once...  You have resorted to just flat out making stuff up.  Congrats.   Seriously, find one post where I praise Branch... If anything, I've been down on him.

Serious question.. How old are you?  I'm getting the idea you are like a 14 years old.  If so , I feel bad.  If not, you are one dumb ass.

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »
Why was Xavier able to run a layup drill whenever Sanchez was in the game?
Why do people think Sanchez had a good game last night?
How does your starting pg play over 20 minutes and not have an assist?
How did that same pg play over 24 minutes a game last year and couldn't even average a miniscule +1 for the season?
Why is Lavin not able to get this team ready for their biggest game of the season?
Why do people say St John's has depth?
Why is Sanchez afraid of contact?
Why did Lavin fill his staff with Yes Men?
Why did Lavin say Rico Hines is one of the top young coaches in America?
Why did Lavin take Balamou's redshirt away?
Why did he bring in a bum 25 year old JUCO transfer who stunted the team's growth?

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 09:01:11 PM »
Oh yeah and...

Why is Boo such a donkey?

TONYD3

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »
The only thing worse then losing, going to work hungover and tired, is hearing needs to go cry about it the next day.

LoganK

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:12 PM »
Am I the first to suggest that needs2go needs2go? 

Impossible.  If I didn't suggest it myself (which I might have), someone else had to have suggested it at some point.  It does Need2Go.

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »
Am I the first to suggest that needs2go needs2go? 

Needs 2 Go is a really a UConn fan.

Calhoun is that you?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:58:41 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
OK guys enough.

Needs2Go please don't call other posters names. I don't have many rules here but being respectful and civil to one another are two of them. I think you could raise some good points if you weren't so extreme. We get it. You don't think highly of Lavin, Sanchez, Branch, or most things St. John's basketball. Clearly you have a passion. I challenge you to offer solutions and engage in intelligent basketball discussion instead of finger point at every opportunity.

As for everyone else why jump at the bait so easily? No need to attack Needs2go either. Clearly he has passion and I can see how it can irritate all but lets try and stir the posts towards convo about the game and not about each other.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »
Good post Dave

Boo my man, sorry for calling you a clown and a donkey

hnk

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
Everyone deserves a second chance.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

Johnny23

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 07:56:44 AM »
The eternal question: would you rather lose in the first round of the NCAA or win the NIT?

Not even a tough question. No team worth it's stock wants to play in the Not Invited Tourney.  NCAA appearances are a recruiting tool, NIT's are a tool you use to recruit against.

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Winning the NIT last time didn't suck. Those last 2 games at the garden were fun. I enjoyed march better that year then any year we lost in the first round. Still I hope we make the tournament .

Foad

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
Winning the NIT last time didn't suck. Those last 2 games at the garden were fun. I enjoyed march better that year then any year we lost in the first round. Still I hope we make the tournament .

Agree. I'd much rather watch them win the NIT championship than watch them lose to Tulane or Detroit in the first round of the NCAA tournament. It's not even a question. For this team especially an NIT run might benefit them next year, when SJU is going to be as good as it has been or will be for a really really really long time.

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 09:39:10 AM »

Agree. I'd much rather watch them win the NIT championship than watch them lose to Tulane or Detroit in the first round of the NCAA tournament. It's not even a question. For this team especially an NIT run might benefit them next year, when SJU is going to be as good as it has been or will be for a really really really long time.

I would rather lose the play in Tuesday game to Southwest North Dakota Tech by 53 points than win the NIT

Tha Kid

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:16 AM »

I would rather lose the play in Tuesday game to Southwest North Dakota Tech by 53 points than win the NIT

+1000000.

I don't get a "good" feeling about all of those NIT banners in Carnesecca.  Friends of mine have been shocked that we even hang our NIT banners.
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:37 AM »

You also brag about banging fat broads, so there's that.

uwsfan

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2014, 09:46:38 AM »

Actually, winning the NIT is like banging the fat broad after being turned down by the hot chick.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:47:21 AM by uwsfan »

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »

Happily married with a 4 year old who shows up in our bed periodically during the night so I am not banging anyone :)
Back in my drunken college days I can neither deny or confirm any sexual congress with fat broads, but I will say that after 12 beers they always looked like Kate Upton to me ;)

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »
A little perspective. I went to my 1st game as a 9 year old some time during Mullin's frosh season. In all that time SJU has won 17 NCAA tourney games. 12 of those were with Louie. Making the tourney and losing in 1st or 2nd round represents my "glory years" as a fan. That is all I ever hope the team to do and I will be happy. NCAA tourney is my favorite sporting event and I love when SJU is involved.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:18:34 AM by we are sju »