Looking ahead

• 175 replies
Re: Looking ahead
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »

He once mentioned that he had left the classroom for a district office job. Probably because he was a shitty teacher.

Dave, where ya at?

Like Tom Hagen told Tessio..."Can't do it Sally"

MCNPA

« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
I'm at the point where I'm not sure where to "look ahead" to?  Our team of 13 players and a few coaches are clearly afflicted.  We can't get through a season with at least 5-10 episodes of major strife.  Other programs clearly don't have this much.   We have kids and coaches out every week for family and personal illness, deaths, births, grades, transfers, fights, suspension, cryptic violations, ineligibility and the like for several seasons now.  Maybe we should just forget about this basketball thing. 
I'm at the point where I'm not sure where to "look ahead" to?  Our team of 13 players and a few coaches are clearly afflicted.  We can't get through a season with at least 5-10 episodes of major strife.  Other programs clearly don't have this much.   We have kids and coaches out every week for family and personal illness, deaths, births, grades, transfers, fights, suspension, cryptic violations, ineligibility and the like for several seasons now.  Maybe we should just forget about this basketball thing. 
when MCN starts getting down we are really in trouble

Hang in there it ain't over yet. Despite all of this we still technically control our destiny. We are still improved from last year and our ability to recruit better players has increased (Jordan). If we fail to make the playoff it will be a step back. It is still an improvement (however slight) from last year. This season is a bizarre one as I have ever seen...a birth and a death in the same  week...Has this ever happen before? Despite all that their is hope...

Sadly the fluctuation in the Lavin era is just as frustrating since Louie left. #redmencurse

We mail it in because everybody is getting personal leave at critical junctures.  This has happened for several seasons now.  We are not in an enviable position right now. 

« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
when MCN starts getting down we are really in trouble

Hang in there it ain't over yet. Despite all of this we still technically control our destiny. We are still improved from last year and our ability to recruit better players has increased (Jordan). If we fail to make the playoff it will be a step back. It is still an improvement (however slight) from last year. This season is a bizarre one as I have ever seen...a birth and a death in the same  week...Has this ever happen before? Despite all that their is hope...

Sadly the fluctuation in the Lavin era is just as frustrating since Louie left. #redmencurse

We mail it in because everybody is getting personal leave at critical junctures.  This has happened for several seasons now.  We are not in an enviable position right now. 

Did someone hack MCN's account? All we have to do is beat DePaul, Marquette and one in the BET and we are in the tournament. Hang in there.

« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:05 AM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

Uncle Miltie? You've  just identified yourself as a dinosaur. As have I.

How appropriate.  With Doc recently singing the praises of Sid Caeser and now your mention of Berle,  we are slowly moving through the short list of early Tv icons.

cjfish

« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

Do you know her? Are u from Saratoga?
Yeah, from the Spa City since 74, before that  LI, Floral Park.  Don't know her but she still lives there, see her around.  Remember when she was a kid chipping on her front lawn

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2014, 11:25:00 AM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »

cjfish

« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »

Uncle Miltie? You've  just identified yourself as a dinosaur. As have I.

You betcha.  Remember Sonny Dove, John Warren, Joe Lapchick, Paultz (the Whooper), The McIntyre brothers, many others.  Played Pick up in the SJU on breaks from Fordham

« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:50 PM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2014, 04:09:46 PM »
He is free to go where he likes . Since we won today. He won't come here !

« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
With the DePaul game in the rear view mirror, the bottom line is, we need 3 more wins.  Beating Marq on the road and making the BE finals will get us in.  If we lose to Marq next weekend, we need to win the BET! 

I say we win all 4 and get out of the last 4 in, play in game!!

« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
He gone!

Was he Realfan?

I don't think so.

From what I have been told, Realfan never put down individual players but was just very tough on the former coaching staff, which he happened to be right about all along according to Mr. Mjmaherjr.

Foad

« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »
From what I have been told, Realfan never put down individual players but was just very tough on the former coaching staff, which he happened to be right about all along according to Mr. Mjmaherjr.

And what's more he knew how to treat a female impersonator.

« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2014, 09:53:24 PM »
With the DePaul game in the rear view mirror, the bottom line is, we need 3 more wins.  Beating Marq on the road and making the BE finals will get us in.  If we lose to Marq next weekend, we need to win the BET! 

I say we win all 4 and get out of the last 4 in, play in game!!

If we win all 4, will we be ranked?   ;D

hnk

« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »
Need2go goes and Linda shows up.....hmmmmm

Mike

« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2014, 10:14:25 PM »

Yeah, from the Spa City since 74, before that  LI, Floral Park.  Don't know her but she still lives there, see her around.  Remember when she was a kid chipping on her front lawn

I have lived in Wilton my whole life and work in Saratoga

« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2014, 06:42:22 AM »

Good to see we are represented well. Im from Ballston Lake
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2014, 07:06:29 AM »

Good to see we are represented well. Im from Ballston Lake

Wow, didn't realize there were this many of us. I'm also from Wilton.

« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »
Call me crazy but I think we are in a good position to make a very nice run in the BE tournament. If we are on, we have the potential to beat anyone on our court.

jsk

« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
From Queensbury since '93. Originally from Queens. :)