Providence Predictions

• 107 replies

paultzman

Re: Providence Predictions
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2016, 07:37:56 PM »
The only players from this year's team I see getting major minutes next year are Yakwe, Sima, Mussini and Jones. Ellison doesn't look the part of a BE player at this point and has a low bball IQ for the son of a college legend. Him and Alibegovic can transfer and neither loss will be felt.

This season was what I expected for the most part although I thought we'd have 4-5 wins in the BE.

Just me, but I think Mussini will have to prove himself as well, no point guard or not.

Pete88

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2016, 07:43:33 PM »
The only players from this year's team I see getting major minutes next year are Yakwe, Sima, Mussini and Jones. Ellison doesn't look the part of a BE player at this point and has a low bball IQ for the son of a college legend. Him and Alibegovic can transfer and neither loss will be felt.

This season was what I expected for the most part although I thought we'd have 4-5 wins in the BE.

Wait, you think Ellison doesn't look like a BE player but Mussini does? 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:44:17 PM by Pete88 »

Johnny23

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »

Mussini at least does one thing well which is his outside shot. Let me rephrase on him, I think he needs to get stronger if he wants any real minutes next year otherwise he's replaceable too.

Johnny23

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2016, 07:48:50 PM »

Just me, but I think Mussini will have to prove himself as well, no point guard or not.

Agreed. I overstated a bit on Mussini and he definitely needs to prove himself next year to get any real minutes.

Poison

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2016, 07:50:38 PM »
Honeymoon period is over. Time to move on. Zero returning starters. No job is safe, and no scholarship is safe. If you want to work to improve, you should be welcomed back, and if not, get out.

Previous staffs had 1 year honeymoon?

Previous staff turned a pile of shit recruited by the a rear of a donkey Roberts and made them a tournament team. They didn't need a one year honeymoon period. They turned it around instantly. Next season had better produce marked improvement.

paultzman

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »

Agreed. I overstated a bit on Mussini and he definitely needs to prove himself next year to get any real minutes.

Fair enough man.

Johnny23

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:01 PM »
Yakwe, Sima and Jones is a good nucleus to carry over to next year's team. That's all IMO.

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »
Hopefully we make quicker decisions on the offensive end next year ( I suspect we will with Lovett and Ponds ) because we hold the ball too long allowing the other teams D to catch up to us.

Providence makes some pretty quick passes although our Defense is so bad all passes look quick I guess when we are out of position

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2016, 08:00:09 PM »
BTW I hope Jones comes back. Thought he made progress this season and he had solid game today and I think he could be useful next year but if he wanted to go to a lower conference school and get a ton of minutes I'd completely understand

Poison

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2016, 08:01:24 PM »

Mussini and Jones don't deserve major anything. I could see both of them leaving.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:01:39 PM by Poison »

redslope

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2016, 08:03:01 PM »
Sorry but there is no comparison of the pile that Lavin inherited to the pile Chris inherited and if you can't see that I am sorry.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:10:59 PM by redslope »

Foad

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2016, 08:24:47 PM »
Previous staff turned a pile of shit.

So to recap: NBA player DJ Kennedy, Honorable AA Dwight Hardy, BE 6th man of the year Justin Burrell, Justin Brownlee and Paris Horne were a pile of shit

Thanks for playing.

Poison

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »
Sorry but there is no comparison of the pile that Lavin inherited to the pile Chris inherited and if you can't see that I am sorry.

The pile Lavin inherited was considered to be a pile until his staff turned them into players.

Foad

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »

Poison

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »

So to recap: NBA player DJ Kennedy, Honorable AA Dwight Hardy, BE 6th man of the year Justin Burrell, Justin Brownlee and Paris Horne were a pile of shit

Thanks for playing.

Sorry, but Lavin gets credit for those achievements. None of which happened on Norm's watch.

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »
Mussini's gonna have a long road ahead of him if he's looking for substantial minutes next season...   

Non Conference : 30 of 91 (32.9%)   in 13 games
First 6 game: 16 of 42 (38%)
Last 7 games: 15 of 49 (30.6%)

Big East games only

Total Big East 25 of 90 (27.7%)  in 18 games
First 6 games : 13 of 37 (35.1%)
Middle 6 games:  9 of 31 (29.0%)
Last 6 games :  3 of 22 (13.6%)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/3938918/federico-mussini

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:41:42 PM by RedStormNC »

Foad

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2016, 08:29:57 PM »

Thanks for playing.

Sorry, but Lavin gets credit for those achievements. None of which happened on Norm's watch.

Sorry, I can't understand what you're saying. Maybe take Lavin's dick out of your mouth and explain what Lavin did to make Dwight Hardy a better BB player in the 6 months between when he took the HC job and the games started and be specific. Thanks.

Poison

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »

Mussini at least does one thing well which is his outside shot. Let me rephrase on him, I think he needs to get stronger if he wants any real minutes next year otherwise he's replaceable too.

What was Mussini's shooting percentage in the BE this season?

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
i just posted Mussini's breakout of 3 pt shots a few posts above...

It's ugly.

Poison

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »

Thanks for playing.

Sorry, I can't understand what you're saying. Maybe take Lavin's dick out of your mouth and explain what Lavin did to make Dwight Hardy a better BB player in the 6 months between when he took the HC job and the games started and be specific. Thanks.

Gladly. Lavin realized that Boothe wasn't a BE point guard. (Norm was too stupid to realize that) So, because Hardy had a pretty good handle, and pretty good court vision, Lavin decided to put him at the point, and that's when the season really turned around. Understand now?