Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 504 replies

Poison

Re: Maurice Harkless - SF - South Kent - Forest Hills, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »
How do we know that the NCAA is even paying an ounce of attention to this garbage?

We know they're evil, but if the kid had broken an obvious rule, wouldn't someone in our athletic department have known about it???

It's been almost a year since Harkless picked us.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:52:33 AM by Poison »

« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43:48 AM »
Kadeem wasn't interested in St. John's even when Hicks was here. He would let me know how much he disliked St. John's on a daily basis.
Jack will dislike SJU even more when we wax his team every year...

NYCoffey

« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Does anyone know if Harkless played in the Mary Kline Classic this weekend?

MCNPA

« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
Does anyone know if Harkless played in the Mary Kline Classic this weekend?

I don't believe so.  My guess is that he's resting his foot/ankle. 

« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »
Kadeem wasn't interested in St. John's even when Hicks was here. He would let me know how much he disliked St. John's on a daily basis.
Jack will dislike SJU even more when we wax his team every year...

4 years of Jack get posterized by Pelle and Sampson

« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
Here is a question from a chat that Andy Katz did today on ESPN.com

Pete (Lynbrook, NY)

Andy, Whats the lastest word with the eligibility of Mo Harkless at St. Johns ? It seems pretty clear and simple to me he should be able to play, but the news is taking a long time, whats the story ?

Andy Katz  (1:26 PM)

St. John's says it's working with the NCAA on proving that Hicks wasn't Harkless' coach, but rather an administrator. This is the kind of thing where someone gets dinged but the player doesn't end up being ineligible at the school (games or some minor penalty). This is one of the first cases for the Basketball Focus Group. I'll be interested to see how they handle the interpretation.

« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
It's Kadeem Jack, Mo Mo Jones , Mo Harkless and I believe there was one other.  Every one of the above mentioned players was top 50 nationally.

Even if you were dumb enough to believe that STJ was going to get all those guys, and I have no doubt that you are, none (including Jermaine Sanders) were or are top 50.  Only Harkless has the chance to be this year in the final rankings.  They're all good recruits but none are better than what's coming in, including Harkless who as of this moment will be playing for STJ next year.  Neither Jack nor Sanders will be a top 100 player when the end of year rankings are finalized and Momo was 84 in the country his senior year.  If rankings are all you want to go by STJ has 6 guys plus Harkless better than any of the guys you're whining about. Jones wouold have been nice because he could have brought experience but I would only have wanted him around next year anyway and the waiver wasn't guaranteed.

Dumb?  surely you jest as you are no lightbulb yourself as you are probably unaware that Mr. Jack was top 50...... then again the nature and tone of your post makes you look quite stupid.

« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2011, 03:54:16 AM »
I didn't think Jack made the last top 100 of ESPN or Rivals but could be mistaken.

« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »

Dumb?  surely you jest as you are no lightbulb yourself as you are probably unaware that Mr. Jack was top 50...... then again the nature and tone of your post makes you look quite stupid.

jack was top 50 in one of the major sites, i think it was scout. he wasnt even top 100 in the other 2.

« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
I didn't think Jack made the last top 100 of ESPN or Rivals but could be mistaken.
Per RSCI- a compilation/average of all the rating services as of Sept 2010-
Jack was ranked # 57- with 4 of the rating services having him 33-42 and 2 not ranking him.
(Some ratings have been updated since then- this list does not incl those updates)

http://www.rscihoops.com/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:23:15 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
FWIW Realfan is correct.  I think the reason Jack is not on a lot of lists anymore is because he's already enrolled in college and therefore some see him as no longer a part of the class of 2011.  So perusing the lists probably isn't the best gauge at this point and Jack was borderline top 50 consensus at the end of last summer.  Whether Jack would have stayed top 50 is immaterial, he was pretty close, though as Dave said he wasn't considering St Johns at all before Hicks was hired so he wasn't lost due to the hire since he was never there to be had.

« Reply #351 on: June 02, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »
jack wasnt in the top 100 in the espn cus he was a post grad he had a 93 grade and 4 stars

« Reply #352 on: June 02, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
and so theres no new info on this whole issue?

« Reply #353 on: June 02, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

It's a no issue
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #354 on: June 02, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

If there was wouldn't it be posted by someone?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:51:26 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #355 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
i guess but shit happens

Moose

« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
Moe watched Ricardo Gathers at the Rumble in the Bronx last night (Friday) with D'Angelo Harrison.

MCNPA

« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »
Moe watched Ricardo Gathers at the Rumble in the Bronx last night (Friday) with D'Angelo Harrison.

Harkless tweeted that he worked in the gym with Harrison today.  Hopefully they work on Gathers.  Love the pieces that Lavin is building this team with.  I also love how close our guys are getting before the season.  You can tell there building chemistry already.

Moose

« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »

Harkless tweeted that he worked in the gym with Harrison today.  Hopefully they work on Gathers.  Love the pieces that Lavin is building this team with.  I also love how close our guys are getting before the season.  You can tell there building chemistry already.

They were all having a good time last night.  Gathers is playing today at John Jay college.  I think SJUHoopNut is making the trek there.

« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »
according to Mau (on facebook) he will be moving in to sju in 5 days.