Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1640 on: September 12, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Does anyone know what the scholarship situation is for SHU going forward? They better be able to get some help for this kid fast if he does decide to go there. Can't imagine them winning much with just Kyle, especially if he only stays for 3 seasons at the most before going into the draft.

« Reply #1641 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
And then he said" let us  do this in the spring".

Poison

« Reply #1642 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:20 AM »
Seton Hall makes no sense. I don't believe for a second that he'd be that careless with his basketball career. And for those that think he can go there and still make the league, go ask Sylven Landesberg how that's working out.

« Reply #1643 on: September 12, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
Someone from Seton Hall orchestrated the Hot 97 promo this morning. It was a good idea. During Kyle's visit to St. John's a lot was to do with St. John's media exposure this is Seton Hall's counter punch.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Gumby

« Reply #1644 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »
From all accounts KA's Dad knows the limitations that SHU would impose on KA's future.  Seeing pictures of KA in the Daily News or even the NY Times on a frequent basis while leading the Red Storm to another victory can only bring good things to the legend of KA, and make NBA scouts drool. 

Why go through a building program where you have to beg your friends to join you?  Especially, when you can be the lead ingredient of a potentially great college BB team.

KA is too good a player to not go with Coach Lavin and his vision.

« Reply #1645 on: September 12, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »
Someone from Seton Hall orchestrated the Hot 97 promo this morning. It was a good idea. During Kyle's visit to St. John's a lot was to do with St. John's media exposure this is Seton Hall's counter punch.

I don't think SH wants to play that game.

MCNPA

« Reply #1646 on: September 12, 2011, 11:13:37 AM »

Agree.  If Kyle wants to announce next week on ESPN, all he has to do is say so and it will be done.  They can't counter-punch with SJU.  Their only counter-punch would be actually landing Anderson which I don't think will happen for numerous reasons.  I'm sure UCLA is still a threat, but I see Kyle staying home.  On the ucla note, per one of the recruiting services today, Shabazz Muhammad likely looking at spring decision.  Can't hurt for sure.

ras

« Reply #1647 on: September 12, 2011, 11:17:29 AM »
RE: hot 97 DJ, KA and his father have not tipped their hand at all.] So I wouldnt put much credence in this.

« Reply #1648 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
Georgetown has a home visit with @KyleAnderson5 Tuesday

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/113271709276188672

crgreen

« Reply #1649 on: September 12, 2011, 11:40:19 AM »

Agree.  If Kyle wants to announce next week on ESPN, all he has to do is say so and it will be done.  They can't counter-punch with SJU.  Their only counter-punch would be actually landing Anderson which I don't think will happen for numerous reasons.  I'm sure UCLA is still a threat, but I see Kyle staying home.  On the ucla note, per one of the recruiting services today, Shabazz Muhammad likely looking at spring decision.  Can't hurt for sure.

One of the reasons a lot  of Bruins are so psyched to land Kyle - it would pretty much be a confirmation (even if the the offical word doesn't come till spring) that Shabazz will be in Westwood as well.     UCLA fans (well, at least fan boards) still feel  Shabazz is the prize and Kyle is the Bonus.    (Not me - I think UCLA gets our 12th title with Kyle - with or without Shabazz).

crgreen

« Reply #1650 on: September 12, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
Does anyone know what the scholarship situation is for SHU going forward? They better be able to get some help for this kid fast if he does decide to go there. Can't imagine them winning much with just Kyle, especially if he only stays for 3 seasons at the most before going into the draft.

Welcome to the downside of recr;uiting at this level.   Kyle figures to end the recruiting process as the #1, or at worst #2 consensus prospect in the class.  That's a completely different beast from anything else in the world of recruiting.

In the last decade, of the players ranked either #1 or #2 out of high school (usisng RSCI consensus rankings), only three players have still been in college beyond their freshman year.   One was Josh McRoberts, who left Duke DURING his soph season.   The other two are Harrison Barnes and Jared Sullinger from this past season - and their remaining can pretty much be traced to uncertainty over the NBA lockout status.

The last #1 or #2  consensus prospect to stay at least 3 years was Michigan State's Kelvin Torbert, the consensus #2 back in the 2001 class.   And in that class, #1,#3, 4, 5, & 7 were all gone before their soph seasons.

Unless the NBA changes the rules in the new COB, there is only a remote possiblity for even a 2 year window on Kyles services, and virtually zero for 3.

(if this is a repost, my apologies - pretty sure I posted this research on a UCLA board regarding Shabazz Mohammad.   This thread is so freaking long, I'm not sure HOW to go back to check if I also posted it here!)

« Reply #1651 on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »

They are going all in.  Hope they don't need parachutes.

« Reply #1652 on: September 12, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Yo I hear from Funkmaster Flex that Kyle's signin wit Apex Tech!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1653 on: September 12, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

HAHA!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #1654 on: September 12, 2011, 12:08:57 PM »

HAHA!

Dave - in the last 8 days, there've been 410 posts to this thread (at 1:30 pm back on 9/4 the post count was 1,244 - this one I'm posting now is around 1,654).   At that rate, the thread will break 2,000 before Kyle announces on the 20th  - probably sooner - I expect the activity may increase geometrically as the deadline approaches  :)

Did you ever even DREAM of a 2,000 post thread?

« Reply #1655 on: September 12, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »
Seton Hall makes no sense. I don't believe for a second that he'd be that careless with his basketball career. And for those that think he can go there and still make the league, go ask Sylven Landesberg how that's working out.
Leitao ruined Sylvan, Bennett finished the job!

Kyle and his Dad and BH Sr. know better imho.  Like many have said, if he's a four year player, different story. But time is of the essence wherever Kyle goes.  Sadly for the Hall, they most likely will not be able to overcome this in any shape or form.  If Kyle commits to the Hall, I will commend him for having stones way bigger than mine!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:16:36 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #1656 on: September 12, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »

HAHA!

Dave - in the last 8 days, there've been 410 posts to this thread (at 1:30 pm back on 9/4 the post count was 1,244 - this one I'm posting now is around 1,654).   At that rate, the thread will break 2,000 before Kyle announces on the 20th  - probably sooner - I expect the activity may increase geometrically as the deadline approaches  :)

Did you ever even DREAM of a 2,000 post thread?
I knew you'd keep tracking it cr! I expect 3,000! The big push is on  :2funny:

« Reply #1657 on: September 12, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »

Different dynamics and different players.  Kyle is a better player than Landesberg.  I'm sure most hoop heads would agree.  Landesberg also left school too early.

Nevertheless, I think Anderson would be best served in Queens.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:16:10 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1658 on: September 12, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »

Different dynamics and different players.  Kyle is a better player than Landesberg.  I'm sure most hoop heads would agree.  Landesberg also left school too early.

True MJ. Different programs too.  Bottom line is that Kyle and his dad did their due diligence, and now he will be 100% for one school and be done with the circus. 

Poison

« Reply #1659 on: September 12, 2011, 12:26:45 PM »

I don't know if Anderson is much better than Landesberg. Let's hope he's smarter.