Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1860 on: September 14, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
I'll give that fanbase a LOT of credit: they're a lot more inspired and motivated than our fanbase is.  I've posted many times about recruits playing in the area of the SJU campus and we're lucky to get 5 fans out to watch, nevertheless 70 fans.

I agree!  I do wish more of our fans would show up at recruits play in the area.  I wouldn't mind a couple of dozen fans or so to show up.  IMO, this situation goes a bit beyond motivated and inspired. 

It may work out for them in the end.  We shall see.

« Reply #1861 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Yes, indeed!  I just read Terry Dehere is also supposed to be in attendance.  IMO, this enters the creepy mode pmg mentioned when it came to folks roaming kids Twitter pages.  Do you agree, pmg?  LOL 

No doubt, I'd love to nab Anderson.  But, I'm glad the days are over, in which we have to go through SO MUCH to land a blue-chipper.

Hopefully, Kyle and his family can see this is all window dressing.  Bells and whistles.  He'll get the same amount of love from the Johnnies fans, if he were to end up in Queens. 

Actually, clearly he wouldn't.  Our fans are quite lazy.  We can't get 10 fans to go see the kid play at iS8, which is about 5 minutes from our campus.  They got 70.  Good job by the SHU fans.  Our fans?? Not so much.   
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #1862 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:10 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Yes, indeed!  I just read Terry Dehere is also supposed to be in attendance.  IMO, this enters the creepy mode pmg mentioned when it came to folks roaming kids Twitter pages.  Do you agree, pmg?  LOL 

No doubt, I'd love to nab Anderson.  But, I'm glad the days are over, in which we have to go through SO MUCH to land a blue-chipper.

Hopefully, Kyle and his family can see this is all window dressing.  Bells and whistles.  He'll get the same amount of love from the Johnnies fans, if he were to end up in Queens. 

Actually, clearly he wouldn't.  Our fans are quite lazy.  We can't get 10 fans to go see the kid play at iS8, which is about 5 minutes from our campus.  They got 70.  Good job by the SHU fans.  Our fans?? Not so much.

Fans showing up to see a recruit is cool, but I know if I was in Kyle's or any other recruits situation, that would be at the bottom of the list of my deciding factors. I'd rather let Lavin and the coaching staff take care of business.

And the SHU fans are definitely getting into the creepy, desperate stalker territory with following this teenager around.

« Reply #1863 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:35 PM »

Well....  He was supposedly being "jocked" by students when he visited a week ago, according to a tweet by the Fordham player.  He'll get love from the fans here.  Our fans may not go out to rec or AAU functions, but the culture is changing.

Moose

« Reply #1864 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Really?
First of all they have 70 fans there?  Or is this like the 35 yd field goal that in a few years becomes 65 in the rain with a broken leg?

Secondly why don't their fans worry about showing up to games instead of recruits fall league games?  I guess its because there aint much else to do in South Orange than head over to a fall league game.  Your making a huge deal about our fans not going to is8.  I don't get it.  I think its clear that our fans came back guns blazing this year.  So they didnt trek to the middle of Jamaica to some school for a spring League game?  I've been to many events and seen many STJ fans.  70?  No?  Because personally I think thats a stretch and again they didnt even have 70 students for our game vs. them this year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #1865 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
Seton Hall fans are getting played paying $3 a head to get in at Paterson Fall League.

Dave, there was a time when high school basketball teams had more talent than our team.

Check out Fun's post on the amount of STJ players from Norm era playing overseas.  I know you meant it in jest but the players weren't the problem.  It was the coaching.

I'm not well versed on what playing overseas really means. Burrell is playing in Japan. I wasn't aware that they even knew what bball was in Japan.

pmg911

« Reply #1866 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »
MJ - you know how I feel about following the kids on Twitter and contacting them via social media, etc. The Hall fans are pulling out all the stops and it might be a little over the top but he certainly get an A for effort.

I wouldn't go with crossing that "creepy" line yet, except for HallDan. He is a nut case and blatant liar.

I have seen and heard about some VERY CREEPY things of late and to be honest, this SHU nonsense isn't even close.

« Reply #1867 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
It's a great job by SH fans. Can't knock the hustle on their end. It is funny that they don't get that many students to their actual games though but heck when I was at St. John's it was the same way. I hope SH does turn it around just not starting with Kyle.

Also Jordan has been friends with the Anderson family for a long time. Remember he's a local boy.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1868 on: September 14, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Really?
First of all they have 70 fans there?  Or is this like the 35 yd field goal that in a few years becomes 65 in the rain with a broken leg?

Secondly why don't their fans worry about showing up to games instead of recruits fall league games?  I guess its because there aint much else to do in South Orange than head over to a fall league game.  Your making a huge deal about our fans not going to is8.  I don't get it.  I think its clear that our fans came back guns blazing this year.  So they didnt trek to the middle of Jamaica to some school for a spring League game?  I've been to many events and seen many STJ fans.  70?  No?  Because personally I think thats a stretch and again they didnt even have 70 students for our game vs. them this year.

Zags says there are about 70 SHU fans there.  Theres another basketball person I follow on Twitter whose there who says there are about 100.  And I don't think going to a recruit's game dressed in your team's colors has anything BUT positive effects.  The harassing on social networks is another thing totally, but I don't see anything negative coming out of 70 or so fans being there to show love.  It shows him how much it would mean to their local fan base to land him.

I've criticized Halldan for how he's covered this recruitment in terms of giving daily percentage updates for where Anderson will commit but I must give him credit on this.  He's really rounded the troops up in terms of fan support in a major way.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #1869 on: September 14, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »
Remember seein footage of a bunch of BC fans floodin Cambridge Ringe and Latin games back in the early 80s to try to convince a certain big man to come to their school.

How that all work out?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1870 on: September 14, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Really?

Zags says there are about 70 SHU fans there.  Theres another basketball person I follow on Twitter whose there who says there are about 100.  And I don't think going to a recruit's game dressed in your team's colors has anything BUT positive effects.  The harassing on social networks is another thing totally, but I don't see anything negative coming out of 70 or so fans being there to show love.  It shows him how much it would mean to their local fan base to land him.

I've criticized Halldan for how he's covered this recruitment in terms of giving daily percentage updates for where Anderson will commit but I must give him credit on this.  He's really rounded the troops up in terms of fan support in a major way.

Give them crdit Theo but relax on the "not getting SJU" fans to show up angle.  You have to understand, this is it for them. 

« Reply #1871 on: September 14, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
Remember seein footage of a bunch of BC fans floodin Cambridge Ringe and Latin games back in the early 80s to try to convince a certain big man to come to their school.

How that all work out?

Thirty years later, I hope the Ewing scenario repeats itself (different team winning out this time, though  lol). 

« Reply #1872 on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »
'sides, end of the day pops is makin the decision.
Logic beats sympathy 24/7/365.
This is a business and the Andersons know that.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1873 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »
Seton Hall fans are getting played paying $3 a head to get in at Paterson Fall League.

;D ;D ;D They sure like to organize.

kob24

« Reply #1874 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
If you play for Michigan you get to nail future Vice Presidential candidates. I think he should go there.
lmao

kob24

« Reply #1875 on: September 14, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
well 2 things

1. choz if kyle's pop is making the choice then its the hall
2. who cares who he picks how to make it in american season two comes on in 2 weeks. im pumped

« Reply #1876 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
well 2 things

2. who cares who he picks how to make it in american season two comes on in 2 weeks. im pumped

Really kob?

I heard something different with his old man.

« Reply #1877 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »
well 2 things

Really kob?

I heard something different with his old man.

Care to elaborate?

ras

« Reply #1878 on: September 14, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
If he goes to SJU he"ll be playing in a packed MSG, not only agaist the BE but Duke and other elite programs.When a team is winning there is nothing like NY{I spent most of my life in North Jersey}

« Reply #1879 on: September 14, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
Would you rather be a superstar on  a non  contender team or a great player on a  champion seeking team?What did Lebron James think of that? Not even money has the power that  being a champion in a given sport  has.Kyle has to make up his mind whats important to him.Which coach and team can make him a champion in a short  time?No brainer    St.Johns