Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1880 on: September 14, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
SH still has a in home visit left. That concerns me.

« Reply #1881 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
well 2 things

1. choz if kyle's pop is making the choice then its the hall
2. who cares who he picks how to make it in american season two comes on in 2 weeks. im pumped

Really kob?

I heard something different with his old man.

Care to elaborate?

Well first off kob is solid.

But I heard his dad trusts SJU staff more then SHU staff.

« Reply #1882 on: September 14, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »
well 2 things

2. who cares who he picks how to make it in american season two comes on in 2 weeks. im pumped

Really kob?

I heard something different with his old man.

Care to elaborate?

Well first off kob is solid.

But I heard his dad trusts SJU staff more then SHU staff.

I mean that should be a no brainer to me. Dunlap and Rico alone will get this kid ready to be a pro. Even having Keady's wisdon around can't hurt. It's really night & day.

« Reply #1883 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
well 2 things

WOW that is news. Hope his mom gets to pick then

crgreen

« Reply #1884 on: September 14, 2011, 10:44:41 PM »
Seton Hall fans are getting played paying $3 a head to get in at Paterson Fall League.

Dave, there was a time when high school basketball teams had more talent than our team.

Check out Fun's post on the amount of STJ players from Norm era playing overseas.  I know you meant it in jest but the players weren't the problem.  It was the coaching.

I'm not well versed on what playing overseas really means. Burrell is playing in Japan. I wasn't aware that they even knew what bball was in Japan.

There's a lot of solid hoops talent playing in Japan.   Coach Lavin has several players over there - Charles O'Bannon, JR Henderson, Michael Fey.  Ced Bozeman.  Abdul-Rauf has been there for years.   Former Sonic Robert Swift is there.   So are Lance Allred and Mike Chappell.  Two of the best Hokies ever, Ace Custis and Carlos Dixon.  Taj Finger and Ryan Forhan-Kelly.  Jeremy Tyler.  Wendell White.

Justin will have a chance to show what he's got against some fair competition.

Marillac

« Reply #1885 on: September 14, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Shocked Duke was never involved with this kid. He seems right up Duke's alley.

« Reply #1886 on: September 14, 2011, 11:16:38 PM »
Shocked Duke was never involved with this kid. He seems right up Duke's alley.

How? He's nothing like any Duke PG in Coach K era.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1887 on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »
SH is D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E

Yes, indeed!  I just read Terry Dehere is also supposed to be in attendance.  IMO, this enters the creepy mode pmg mentioned when it came to folks roaming kids Twitter pages.  Do you agree, pmg?  LOL 

No doubt, I'd love to nab Anderson.  But, I'm glad the days are over, in which we have to go through SO MUCH to land a blue-chipper.

Hopefully, Kyle and his family can see this is all window dressing.  Bells and whistles.  He'll get the same amount of love from the Johnnies fans, if he were to end up in Queens. 

Actually, clearly he wouldn't.  Our fans are quite lazy.  We can't get 10 fans to go see the kid play at iS8, which is about 5 minutes from our campus.  They got 70.  Good job by the SHU fans.  Our fans?? Not so much.
no sweat Theo - 19,000 screaming in MSG may be slightly more appealing than 8,000 SHU fans screaming for half the games.

« Reply #1888 on: September 15, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
I'll give that fanbase a LOT of credit: they're a lot more inspired and motivated than our fanbase is.  I've posted many times about recruits playing in the area of the SJU campus and we're lucky to get 5 fans out to watch, nevertheless 70 fans.

FWIW, Seton Hall and Kyle Anderson is a little bit of a different situation than any recruit and St. John's.  They haven't gotten a big recruit in ages, we had the #2 recruiting class in the nation last year.  It is highly out of the ordinary for fans to go to AAU games and stuff like that as representatives of the school and it shouldn't be viewed as a knock on us.  Honestly, 120 SHU fans coming to a fall league game is a little creepy and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a negative impact on him.  He seems like a quiet guy who doesn't crave attention.  Put 120 people in a small gym all there to see you is a little intimidating.  If he comes here, great, if not, so be it.  The school pays Lavin and the coaching staff a lot of money to recruit and they have done an excellent job so far in doing so without the fans help.  Recruiting is one thing I think that fans have no place in.  These are high schoolers with a lot of pressure on them, no need for 120 middle aged guys to put more pressure on the kid.  Let him choose the place that best fits his future and let the coaches do their jobs.  I know I wouldn't want people who have never met me telling me to go to a school that may or may not be a good fit just because they want their school's basketball team to have success. 

« Reply #1889 on: September 15, 2011, 03:37:12 AM »
Great post STJ11Redmen.  Agree 100%.

ris

« Reply #1890 on: September 15, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »
I'll give that fanbase a LOT of credit: they're a lot more inspired and motivated than our fanbase is.  I've posted many times about recruits playing in the area of the SJU campus and we're lucky to get 5 fans out to watch, nevertheless 70 fans.

Very true.

« Reply #1891 on: September 15, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »
Great post STJ11. It's a bit over the top if you ask me.

pmg911

« Reply #1892 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Kob is right on about Mr. Anderson's preference but there are definitely others close to the young man pulling and pushing him in other directions. I mean his sister (with whom he is VERY close) has made her pick very clear.

I have to give the Father a ton of credit. He knows his influence is a major factor with his son and he is staying away from his visits and letting him see places for himself or with his other family members.

As for SJU, this recruitment is over in their eyes, there is nothing more they can do. Kyle leaves for a visit to Florida today or tomorrow and the Seton Hall has the last in home visit on the 18th. They have done everything they can at this point.

For St. John's, Coach Lavin and staff will just move on and not look back if Kyle goes elsewhere. The Seton Hall guys will be crushed if they loses this fight but they have jobs to do as well and will move forward. What I think will be interesting for SHU is if Kyle Anderson will be able to get any others guys to take a hard look at the Hall if he goes there and be the first potential domino for SHU recruiting. I don't think Kyle Anderson will break Kevin Willard's coaching career but he can potentially push it forward in a huge way.

« Reply #1893 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
Kob is right on about Mr. Anderson's preference but there are definitely others close to the young man pulling and pushing him in other directions. I mean his sister (with whom he is VERY close) has made her pick very clear.

I have to give the Father a ton of credit. He knows his influence is a major factor with his son and he is staying away from his visits and letting him see places for himself or with his other family members.

As for SJU, this recruitment is over in their eyes, there is nothing more they can do. Kyle leaves for a visit to Florida today or tomorrow and the Seton Hall has the last in home visit on the 18th. They have done everything they can at this point.

For St. John's, Coach Lavin and staff will just move on and not look back if Kyle goes elsewhere. The Seton Hall guys will be crushed if they loses this fight but they have jobs to do as well and will move forward. What I think will be interesting for SHU is if Kyle Anderson will be able to get any others guys to take a hard look at the Hall if he goes there and be the first potential domino for SHU recruiting. I don't think Kyle Anderson will break Kevin Willard's coaching career but he can potentially push it forward in a huge way.

I think you're wrong. Willard is dead w/out Kyle.

Moose

« Reply #1894 on: September 15, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »

Where has she made it clear?  All I've seen is tweets saying she doesn't want him to go away and an "UGH" reaction to her brother whenever he talks about Hall.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1895 on: September 15, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
Solid post, STJ11. 

I didn't think what they (Hall fans) did last week was too bad, but I thought last night was overkill and somewhat abhorring.  Anderson already had enough pressure on him when it came to choosing a school.  The Hall fans, IMO, have now placed tremendous pressure on the kid with their way over-the-top antics.

I stated on last night that it's all bells and whistles, per the Hall fans.  They can't even get people to come out to their own games, but they figured it would be cool to round up over a hundred folks to attend a fall league game.  I kinda feel bad for the kid.

The Hall message boards are gonna have people lined up, like the restroom lines at a college or pro football game, if they don't nab this kid.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:11:49 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1896 on: September 15, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »

Where has she made it clear?  All I've seen is tweets saying she doesn't want him to go away and an "UGH" reaction to her brother whenever he talks about Hall.

Someone posted a tweet last week about his sister liking Cali or something of that nature.

pmg911

« Reply #1897 on: September 15, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »
Willard is not dead without Anderson but it will hurt massively. He has an AD that loves him and completely believes in him. They will put up with a lot after the disaster that was Bobby Gonzalez and people don't even know half of what that lunatic did at Seton Hall.

MCNPA

« Reply #1898 on: September 15, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »
Willard is not dead without Anderson but it will hurt massively. He has an AD that loves him and completely believes in him. They will put up with a lot after the disaster that was Bobby Gonzalez and people don't even know half of what that lunatic did at Seton Hall.

I believe that they will hang on to him, but he's dead without Anderson.  Even with him, I'm not sure he has the gusto to consistently land big east tier recruits. 

Moose

« Reply #1899 on: September 15, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »

Someone posted a tweet last week about his sister liking Cali or something of that nature.

Not doubting you but would love to see it.
Remember who broke the Slice news