Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies
DaveKrupinski Hearing Chris Obekpa is a very strong lean to St. John's. No date set for announcement but hearing commitment to Storm is imminent #stjbb

Amazing how things can turn like this in recruiting. One minute we kissed him goodbye to Cincy, now this. What a "stellar" class this will be if we add Obekpa. Then I can only imagine if Chandler comes aboard too, WOW!!!

I'M SHOCKED! Absolutely SHOCKED.    I guess we should NEVER EVER count out Lavin and Staff.  #inlavinwetrust

paultzman

Hey!!

DaveKrupinski Hearing Chris Obekpa is a very strong lean to St. John's. No date set for announcement but hearing commitment to Storm is imminent #stjbb

Oh man I hope he is right

Poison

Great to hear Dave. Thanks for passing it along.

Unreal! great news.

Join the welcoming committee at IS8 on Saturday at 2:45.

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
Piggybacking on what @DaveKrupinski just tweeted, I've heard #stjbb is in great shape for Obekpa. #boyshoops

boo3

Where did all the Lavin/staff haters go?

Awful quiet from those clowns these days.

Where you at Shurina Cheese?  ;)

Why isn't Dave breaking this on the board here!!!!  LOL!!!

boo3

Dave basically saying its a done deal. CO to STJ.

Commitment imminent

boo3

Too bad he has Div 4 offensive skills.... ;D

Perhaps "Constant Contact" and "Dead Period" don't go together?

Phone calls are allowed even during the Dead Period.  But you are sort of correct.  Cleary Zags did not want to imply that Lavin was stepping over the line in terms of permissable contact and perhaps he thought his use of language did just that.  Thus he changed it.

boo3

Remember in the beginning of April when there was a decent size faction of people whining about lack of commitments?

Patience grasshoppers......  Lesson learned, nervous nellies?

paultzman

Where is Moose??

I knew this kid was coming to St Johns the whole time.

I will say this, Dave has been on point with commitments in the past.

Where did all the Lavin/staff haters go?

Awful quiet from those clowns these days.

Where you at Shurina Cheese?  ;)

Haha, wondering the same thing.

Chilleb

Let's go Felix !!! Let's cut Felix in on the credit for this one , Lav is Lav but Felix has been in his ear for sure. Felix already my favorite johnny!

DFF6

Let's go Felix !!! Let's cut Felix in on the credit for this one , Lav is Lav but Felix has been in his ear for sure. Felix already my favorite johnny!

Totally agree with giving Felix the assist, but Lav is truly a recruiting wizard!  Goes from sitting out the entire year, losing committed and enrolled kids throughout the year, negative rumors and lies spread about his future at the program, the BE under extreme duress, and he STILL manages to put together an outstanding class.  If Chandler comes too, it's just ridiculous!   

paultzman

“@rumbleSBN: Recruiting update: Chris Obekpa rumored to be leaning towards St. John's. #stjbb http://t.co/GQNHi61E