Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

Moose

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1540 on: April 08, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »
Think our favorite walk on gives up his number?
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #1541 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:15 PM »
I think even if Dangelo comes back; nobody's going to play 38mins anymore.   Including Jakarr.     If we truly want to press and run all game, then there will be minutes available for both Felix and Jones.    Maybe not a ton, but there's room for a 10 man rotation if we play uptempo like coach espouses.

Gift, well....best of luck.   If rumors are true, then he's getting a year of grad school st Harvard for free, and the chance to play more than he would here.   
Also, some of us have been saying since November that Gift would graduate and transfer.   So this shouldn't be a complete shock to the members of this board. 

« Reply #1542 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:24 PM »
I think even if Dangelo comes back; nobody's going to play 38mins anymore.   Including Jakarr.     If we truly want to press and run all game, then there will be minutes available for both Felix and Jones.    Maybe not a ton, but there's room for a 10 man rotation if we play uptempo like coach espouses.

Gift, well....best of luck.   If rumors are true, then he's getting a year of grad school st Harvard for free, and the chance to play more than he would here.   
Also, some of us have been saying since November that Gift would graduate and transfer.   So this shouldn't be a complete shock to the members of this board. 

If rysheed and Dlo are on the team next year id like to see no one average more than 30 minutes. There's enough talent to spread it out.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #1543 on: April 08, 2013, 11:19:37 PM »

Gift is needed this year. Just like he was needed last year. We are not bringing in a center.

desco80

« Reply #1544 on: April 08, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »

If rysheed and Dlo are on the team next year id like to see no one average more than 30 minutes. There's enough talent to spread it out.

Totally agree Mase.   I thought there were times this year when Dangelo or Greene didn't have their legs down the stretch because they had played virtually the whole game.   
I'd like to see us literally press full court for 40 minutes, and then on offense push the ball up and try to get easy transition buckets.   
If we play that way at a high intensity guys will need a breather. 

Moose

« Reply #1545 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

Totally agree Mase.   I thought there were times this year when Dangelo or Greene didn't have their legs down the stretch because they had played virtually the whole game.   
I'd like to see us literally press full court for 40 minutes, and then on offense push the ball up and try to get easy transition buckets.   

People thought I was one of the many who ragged on Phil.  His production will GO UP with less minutes.

Poison

« Reply #1546 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »

People thought I was one of the many who ragged on Phil.  His production will GO UP with less minutes.

You can't be a PG if you can't pass the ball with confidence. Phil can't be a shooting guard if he can't shoot the ball. So, if he plays, and of course I agree he should play less, what position do you play the guy who doesn't have one?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:57:31 PM by Poison »

desco80

« Reply #1547 on: April 09, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »

You can't be a PG if you can't pass the ball with confidence. Phil can't be a shooting guard if he can't shoot the ball. So, if he plays, and of course I agree he should play less, what position do you play the guy who doesn't have one?

I'm not Phil's biggest fan either, but I'll give him this... I think he's our best defender after Dom.  People raved about Branch's defense, and Obekpa can block shots like a monster; but Phil plays as good man to man as anyone on the team.   
And he's a pest to ball handlers.   

There's a role for him on this team.   It's Lavins job to find out how to get the most out of him.
But he plays above average D and has a legitimate pro level skill with his floater. 
The dribbling, court vision, and outside shooting?   That's a different story. 

Poison

« Reply #1548 on: April 09, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »

I'm not Phil's biggest fan either, but I'll give him this... I think he's our best defender after Dom.  People raved about Branch's defense, and Obekpa can block shots like a monster; but Phil plays as good man to man as anyone on the team.   
And he's a pest to ball handlers.   

There's a role for him on this team.   It's Lavins job to find out how to get the most out of him.
But he plays above average D and has a legitimate pro level skill with his floater. 
The dribbling, court vision, and outside shooting?   That's a different story. 

He has to work hard this summer on his j. He didn't lose his job yet.

« Reply #1549 on: April 09, 2013, 12:13:04 AM »
Just heard again St Johns.... ...No need to speculate about twitter or what hat he bought....hes on board folks.
This is great news. Our biggest weakness was our PG play.  People doubting Lavin eat crow.

« Reply #1550 on: April 09, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
Someone mentions Gift going to Harvard.  Never heard that before.  I know I am in the minority here, but I've felt that Gift will suprise people for us next year, that he'll be a bigger contributor than many think.  I don't want to see him transfer.  Seems like no one ever talks about him here, apart from saying he'll ride the bench.  I always felt he never was able to get into a groove, always fearing foul trouble, having to play tentatively.  I think it will be a shame if he goes.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1551 on: April 09, 2013, 02:05:16 AM »
While Temple is playing the defending the National champion...
next season, Rysheed Jordan will be playing DePaul, Seton Hall the rest of the Big East.

Enjoy your time Black Jesus!

From a Temple board  ;D

Man I thought our fans were pretty bad...

Also they've been calling for firing Dunphy. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he been doing a solid job there. They seem to be a tourny team year in and out...

LJSA

« Reply #1552 on: April 09, 2013, 02:33:06 AM »
Can afford to lose 1 of the two.  Can't lose both.
If the Sr leaves try to plug another 5th yr guy.  If the soon to be Soph leaves find a conventional transfer.

As far as immediately eligible transfers with connections to NYC go, Kanacevic fits the bill (though he hasn't expressed interest in moving on . . . yet). Martelli was a dick with Todd O'Brien, though.

sju89tr

« Reply #1553 on: April 09, 2013, 03:06:11 AM »
While Temple is playing the defending the National champion...
next season, Rysheed Jordan will be playing DePaul, Seton Hall the rest of the Big East.

Enjoy your time Black Jesus!

From a Temple board  ;D

Man I thought our fans were pretty bad...

Also they've been calling for firing Dunphy. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he been doing a solid job there. They seem to be a tourny team year in and out...

I guess that poster doesn't realize that we have a good shot at 6 invites next year to the dance. The America 12 isn't decimated yet but it will be soon enough.

LJSA

« Reply #1554 on: April 09, 2013, 05:18:46 AM »
Also on a Temple board:

It looks unlikely that well get jordan right now.  In a last ditch effort I sent him a tweet saying that Johnnie coaches are bragging aout getting you  and they blew your secret.    Who knows might piss him off toward Johnnies and cause him to change his mind.   Folks go on his twitter and tell him the same thing. Can't hurt.

« Reply #1555 on: April 09, 2013, 05:42:04 AM »
I'm a pretty apathetic fan (and person in general) but I'm getting fairly giddy at the thought of a potential Jordan-Harrison-Sampson-Sanchez-Obekpa lineup down the road somewhere.

Please let everything go good for ONE offseason...

Moose

« Reply #1556 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
Also on a Temple board:

It looks unlikely that well get jordan right now.  In a last ditch effort I sent him a tweet saying that Johnnie coaches are bragging aout getting you  and they blew your secret.    Who knows might piss him off toward Johnnies and cause him to change his mind.   Folks go on his twitter and tell him the same thing. Can't hurt.

Lets not.

« Reply #1557 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:51 AM »
Also on a Temple board:

Lets not.

Don't engage don't do anything. 

Just like when Lawrence decided to go to Cincy don't engage in nonsense or attacks and don't bait Cincy fans.

And now don't bait Temple fans or Rysheed.

You win recruiting battles with class and you lose them the same way.

But this is what I was talking about in terms of Temple board meltdown.  Much like RU with Lance Thomas.

« Reply #1558 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
Just heard again St Johns.... ...No need to speculate about twitter or what hat he bought....hes on board folks.
This is great news. Our biggest weakness was our PG play.  People doubting Lavin eat crow.

No one doubts his recruiting....it's his coaching. Now lets see him take this kid and make him a better player a la pitino and his staff with Hancock, Henderson and the big white kid

« Reply #1559 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »
hopefully with this depth and Jordan on board, we can run the press all / most of the game - take some pointers from VCU and Shaka