Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

Moose

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »
If he's declared a senior, all he is going to do is take minutes away from underclassmen that need them.

So instead of Garrett, Pointer, Sampson, and Obekpa getting much needed game time, I'll watch a rental player who won't even be able to get us anywhere.  No thank you.

But we're the youngest team in America. Blah blah blah blah

If I hear that idiot Crispino say that again, I am putting him on permanent mute.

He's getting fed it from STJ though.  I'm tired of it.  Plus I think Texas is younger honestly.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #701 on: January 03, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
If he's declared a senior, all he is going to do is take minutes away from underclassmen that need them.

So instead of Garrett, Pointer, Sampson, and Obekpa getting much needed game time, I'll watch a rental player who won't even be able to get us anywhere.  No thank you.

But we're the youngest team in America. Blah blah blah blah

If I hear that idiot Crispino say that again, I am putting him on permanent mute.

He's getting fed it from STJ though.  I'm tired of it.  Plus I think Texas is younger honestly.

Agree. Lavin would have done nicely in old USSR, as Director of Propaganda. Tiring!

ras

« Reply #702 on: January 03, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »
Were NYers. We read BS real well, so spin will only go so far.  RE: Sanchez, I say redshirt him if we can if he is declared a SR. We not going anywhere this year. It would be better for us and him in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:20:32 PM by ras »

« Reply #703 on: January 03, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »
Were NYs. We read BS real well, so spin will only go so far.  RE: Sanchez, I say redshirt him if we can if he is declared a SR. We not going anywhere this year. It would be better for us and him in the long run.

if you redshirt him, you can pretty much eliminate Jermaine Lawrence as a potential recruit.

gman

« Reply #704 on: January 03, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »
Were NYs. We read BS real well, so spin will only go so far.  RE: Sanchez, I say redshirt him if we can if he is declared a SR. We not going anywhere this year. It would be better for us and him in the long run.

We keep hearing the issue is around his age. If age is the issue do you really think the ncaa will let Sju redshirt him?

Moose

« Reply #705 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »

We keep hearing the issue is around his age. If age is the issue do you really think the ncaa will let Sju redshirt him?

It is not his age.

ras

« Reply #706 on: January 03, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »

if you redshirt him, you can pretty much eliminate Jermaine Lawrence as a potential recruit.
Sometimes 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. We as SJU fans are painfully aware of that statement.

gman

« Reply #707 on: January 03, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

It is not his age.

So the post article that said the case centers around his age was wrong?

Moose

« Reply #708 on: January 03, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »

It is not his age.

You can play at variety of ages.  Did his age tip off investigators?  Yea no doubt.  As I've said and a couple others have a few times Its on his eligibility clock and when it started and what happened when he went back to the DR

gman

« Reply #709 on: January 03, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »

It is not his age.

You can play at variety of ages.  Did his age tip off investigators?  Yea no doubt.  As I've said and a couple others have a few times Its on his eligibility clock and when it started and what happened when he went back to the DR

Understood, thanks

paultzman

« Reply #712 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/ncaa-declared-st-johns-sanchez-ineligible-in-november-and-hes-unlikely-to-ever-suit-up-for-johnnies/

This week is getting better and better.

Your "Doomed" references put the horns on us Moose! Hope there is validity to that "Darkest hour before the dawn" crap!

« Reply #713 on: January 03, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
Am I the only one who is a little fed up with coach Lavin? His in game coaching is subpar in my opinion, and he supposedly is a good recruiter, yet in every class key players are always ruled ineligible. I'm not saying we should get rid of him or anything, but I think the honeymoon is now officially over, and he's got to start getting results with his own recruits on the court and off.

Poison

« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »
Lavin is in some deep sh*t if he doesn't get Sanchez on the court.

paultzman

« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/ncaa-declared-st-johns-sanchez-ineligible-in-november-and-hes-unlikely-to-ever-suit-up-for-johnnies/

This week is getting better and better.

I hope thats not true. Makes gift redshirt look more ridiculous. Lets hope robbins knows more than zagoria.

Had same thought and tried contacting Lenn R. We'll see, but not optimistic.

LJSA

« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »
I know that the staff doesn't have to tell us anything, but if it is the true story, it pisses me off that we didn't know the details sooner.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:39:48 PM by LJSA »

paultzman

« Reply #718 on: January 03, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
I know that the staff doesn't have to tell us anything, but if it the true story, it pisses me off that we didn't know the details sooner.

If Zags story true, why this recent Robbins article, obviously facilitated by someone from SJ BBall program?

LJSA

« Reply #719 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
I know that the staff doesn't have to tell us anything, but if it is the true story, it pisses me off that we didn't know the details sooner.

If Zags story true, why this recent Robbins article, obviously facilitated by someone from SJ BBall program?

I'm hoping Zags got some bad info. If the staff is feeding Lenny totally shit info that just makes them look really bad.