Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies
Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #660 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »
Translation: Let's hold off on an announcement until we sell more season ticket plans.

You may be on to something. Just announced! Season tickets drive thru window now open 24/7.

If, as the report says the problem really is ONLY his  age, and if "severe financial hardship" is a mitigator which would allow a waiver of the age restriction, doesn't sound like there would be any way he would NOT  have two years of eligibility remaining - there's neve been any question that he's only participated in 2 years of college athletics.   If the age restriction is waived, doubtful it would be for only 1 year.   Would be like that 47 year old truck driver (droppped out of high school to support his siblings when their parents died), went back at age 45 and got his high school degree, then enrolled in college (think it was San Jose State), then walked on as a linebacker on the football team.   I think if you GET the waiver, doesn't matter HOW old you are then.

Would be fantastic for both SJU and Orlando if he gets two years.  With two years, we are in REAL good shape no matter what scenario next year.  Whether we keep Jakarr, land Lawrence etc..  I hope for his sake and ours that he gets two years.  He's a very good player overall with fantastic passing ability for a guy his size. Savy player.  We have desperately missed a real PF and he's the tallest player on the team.  He'd help in every way.
If he gets two years where do those scholarships come from?
Initial reaction is Felix and Jones if needed would be nudged...

« Reply #661 on: January 01, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
Jones would be toast at that point ( I think?) :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:54:09 PM by illscalpya4000 »

« Reply #662 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »
There is a chance the Red Storm could get center Orlando Sanchez cleared by the NCAA in the coming weeks, The Post has learned.

C'mon now.
How is this remotely news?
More hedges than Van Cortland Park.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #663 on: January 01, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »
There is a chance the Red Storm could get center Orlando Sanchez cleared by the NCAA in the coming weeks, The Post has learned.

C'mon now.

But who is feeding story of optimism to Lenn?? Have to assume SJU. Why do so, if they don't feel chances are good? Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Chilleb

« Reply #664 on: January 01, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »
Translation: Let's hold off on an announcement until we sell more season ticket plans.

You may be on to something. Just announced! Season tickets drive thru window now open 24/7.

If, as the report says the problem really is ONLY his  age, and if "severe financial hardship" is a mitigator which would allow a waiver of the age restriction, doesn't sound like there would be any way he would NOT  have two years of eligibility remaining - there's neve been any question that he's only participated in 2 years of college athletics.   If the age restriction is waived, doubtful it would be for only 1 year.   Would be like that 47 year old truck driver (droppped out of high school to support his siblings when their parents died), went back at age 45 and got his high school degree, then enrolled in college (think it was San Jose State), then walked on as a linebacker on the football team.   I think if you GET the waiver, doesn't matter HOW old you are then.

Would be fantastic for both SJU and Orlando if he gets two years.  With two years, we are in REAL good shape no matter what scenario next year.  Whether we keep Jakarr, land Lawrence etc..  I hope for his sake and ours that he gets two years.  He's a very good player overall with fantastic passing ability for a guy his size. Savy player.  We have desperately missed a real PF and he's the tallest player on the team.  He'd help in every way.
I'd take Felix and jones over Dom and Greene, on that note really hoping Felix's minutes go back up during league play

Happy

« Reply #665 on: January 01, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »

I'd take Felix and jones over Dom and Greene, on that note really hoping Felix's minutes go back up during league play

I'd take them all. Hold up with the talk of nudging anyone out and give this group some time.  Freshmen and Sophmores become better Juniors and Seniors .. Look at the senior laden squad in Lavin's first year.  Man I can remember fans wanting to throw David Cain on the first bus out of town and he developed into a pretty good player in his senior season.

« Reply #666 on: January 01, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »

C'mon now.

But who is feeding story of optimism to Lenn?? Have to assume SJU. Why do so, if they don't feel chances are good? Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Agreed.  He could have simply said "SJU is still waiting word" which has essentially been the line recently including from Zags.  Obviously someone close to the staff is telling Lenn he thinks that the NCAA is close to a decision and a positive one at that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:02:43 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #667 on: January 01, 2013, 09:27:41 PM »

I'd take them all. Hold up with the talk of nudging anyone out and give this group some time.  Freshmen and Sophmores become better Juniors and Seniors .. Look at the senior laden squad in Lavin's first year.  Man I can remember fans wanting to throw David Cain on the first bus out of town and he developed into a pretty good player in his senior season.

I'm pretty sure Greene slept with Chillie's girlfriend  ;D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Chilleb

« Reply #668 on: January 01, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure Greene slept with Chillie's girlfriend  ;D
Ha! Maybe I'll like his play more once lav slides him over to the wing, just take him off the ball for goodness sakes.

Poison

« Reply #669 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »

C'mon now.

Why do so? To sell tickets.

Happy

« Reply #670 on: January 01, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »

C'mon now.

How many tickets do you honestly think Orlando Sanchez is selling? 

Moose

« Reply #671 on: January 01, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »

C'mon now.

No offense but your ticket conspiracy is so off.  You go to games.  You see how many people are there.  You can promise free beer and STJ fans still aren't showing up.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #672 on: January 01, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »

C'mon now.

No offense but your ticket conspiracy is so off.  You go to games.  You see how many people are there.  You can promise free beer and STJ fans still aren't showing up.

It's not as off as you think.

Moose

« Reply #673 on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

C'mon now.

Trust me ticket sales are not booming and NOBODY knows who the hell Orlando Sanchez is.  Big reach IMO on your part.

Poison

« Reply #674 on: January 01, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »

C'mon now.

Trust me ticket sales are not booming and NOBODY knows who the hell Orlando Sanchez is.  Big reach IMO on your part.

When has St.John's ever done anything underhanded regarding tickets?

« Reply #675 on: January 01, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »

C'mon now.

Free beer would be a helluva promotion

MCNPA

« Reply #676 on: January 01, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »

C'mon now.

Free beer would be a helluva promotion

2 free beers and it's sold out all the time...lol

Moose

« Reply #677 on: January 01, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »

C'mon now.

Yeah and he's gone, no?  Might I recommend you reporting your fears to those people you know if you think there is more fishy business still going on.  But we need a good conspiracy theory.  Bobre's been quiet so this is good fodder.

Poison

« Reply #678 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:37 AM »

C'mon now.

Yeah and he's gone, no?  Might I recommend you reporting your fears to those people you know if you think there is more fishy business still going on.  But we need a good conspiracy theory.  Bobre's been quiet so this is good fodder.

Isn't it getting tiresome hearing that Sanchez is going to be cleared, and finding out its BS? They've been pulling this crap all season. Yes, the NCAA is a disgusting corrupt organization, but St.John's has to recognize their own deficiencies as well.

desco80

« Reply #679 on: January 02, 2013, 02:17:16 AM »

C'mon now.

So, the SJU sent more documentation to the NCAAA on Monday, and then this store is leaked to Lenn.   My initial reaction is the staff is doing what we've been half joking about for weeks on the board; drum up publicity so the NCAA finally makes a decision.   

Thats a far more likely scenario than any ticket conspiracy.   
Or, they really think he could be eligible soon.     But I wouldn't discount this documentation and leak to media are the staff's last ditch efforts to get Orlando cleared.