Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

Moose

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
"@TheBBallDiary Ron artest making his nyc summer debut at nike pro city." It looks like St. John's is well represented over there. I wonder if Metta will give Orlando any pointers lol

OT for the thread, but since Metta is mentioned here....

Trade rumor going around, that seems to have legs:   Metta World Peace and Pau Gasol to the Wizards for Andray Blatche, Trevor Ariza and Washington's #3 pick tomorrow nite.....
Thomas Robinson that coveted ?

Its extremely OT even though Metta is mentioned here because now this can run so many ways.  Really interesting to see the 2 and the 3 and even the 4 now mentioned as dangling trade bait.  Then you have the Warriors at 7 also dangling.  And then teams with multiple picks like HOU and BOS lurking.  Never have I seen this much pre draft trade rumblings.

Back to Chille's point if a team's guy is or isn't there the draft can go in so many directions.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:16:06 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
What happened to Sanchez playing the Dominican team? Was he cut?

« Reply #522 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
I think the Dominican team was knocked out in qualifying round.
Have no idea if he played any.
Molloy '71

paultzman

« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »
Was not on team, don't know why.

crgreen

« Reply #524 on: July 12, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »
Was not on team, don't know why.

Obviously Calipari not giving Lavin any additioal Dominican recruiting momentum.  "Sign with Lavin, don't make the Dominican Team".   j

Gumby

« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »
I thought it was reported that Orlando wanted time with his family before school started, insteaed of playing ball with the DR team.

Poison

« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
I thought it was reported that Orlando wanted time with his family before school started, insteaed of playing ball with the DR team.

I really hope that's not true.

« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2012, 02:07:54 AM »
Would also understand if he did it to spite Cal (for no Kentucky offer) :tickedoff:

kob24

« Reply #528 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
He is soooooooo nice. I didn't know he was this good

« Reply #529 on: September 07, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »

Best player on team

« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »

What specifically impressed you?

kob24

« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
His jump shot. He lost weight he pushes the ball on the break and can pass the hell out the rock. He is a pro

kob24

« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »
Nah Marco dangelo is the best player right now. He is looking like a problem

crgreen

« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2012, 03:25:45 AM »
Nah Marco dangelo is the best player right now. He is looking like a problem

Gonna be tough to keep Amir from starting over Newbies.

« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »
Great to hear that Orlando and D'Angelo are looking great. Just wondering, when and where did you see these guys in action? Was there an open workout on campus? Was there anyone else who caught your eye? Thanks in advance for the info. Looking forward to a fun year.

« Reply #535 on: September 08, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
Yeah, but as good as he is, without Moe we're going to be lucky to win 13 games again  ::)

« Reply #536 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
I loved Moe, always will and he will be the guy that we look back on and say his choice to play at SJU pointed us in the right direction. However if i'm given a choice of Moe for one more year or the class that we have now along side the returning players i'm going to have to go with the depth and talent total over one player, which in my mind should equal more wins.

« Reply #537 on: September 08, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
I loved Moe, always will and he will be the guy that we look back on and say his choice to play at SJU pointed us in the right direction. However if i'm given a choice of Moe for one more year or the class that we have now along side the returning players i'm going to have to go with the depth and talent total over one player, which in my mind should equal more wins.

+1 several times

« Reply #538 on: September 08, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »

Why couldn't we have had Moe and the incoming class minus Jones?  Now that'd be a sure fire NCAA team.

« Reply #539 on: September 08, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »

Why couldn't we have had Moe and the incoming class minus Jones?  Now that'd be a sure fire NCAA team.

That team would've been scary good. But it could've made other recruits hesitant to commit. Jakarr for example.