JaKarr ROY

• 233 replies
Re: JaKarr ROY
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
I recall being at the garden for the Johnny Flynn Cuse massacre.  They put in their walkons late and they were better than our starters.  :(

That was an awful experience. Flynn was toying with us.
Took my wife to her first game that night-big mistake-ashamed to say it made her a Cuse fan resulting in many personal battles-still hoping to flip her-maybe with better ST J's teams in the future.  ::)

« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:28 PM »
I recall being at the garden for the Johnny Flynn Cuse massacre.  They put in their walkons late and they were better than our starters.  :(

Flynn still in the NBA?

I haven't heard his name mentioned in years.

Didn't play in the NBA this year.  Australia. 

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »

Flynn still in the NBA?

I haven't heard his name mentioned in years.

Didn't play in the NBA this year.  Australia. 
you'd know about that one

paultzman

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
“@STJCoachLavin: Pleased JaKarr and D'Angelo recognized tonight by the MBWA for their efforts this season. A great springboard into 13-14 for #stjbb!”

desco80

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
Did Lavin go with them to the awards ceremony?

boo3

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »

Yes.

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »

Yes.

STJ_Basketball ‏@STJ_Basketball 2h

Repping #STJBB at last night's MBWA Awards. Congrats to our winners!
http://instagram.com/p/YKkv9Zn9Yh/#

Marillac

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »
Can't wait to see him and D'lo back next season with more talent.  Sampson could make the jump to beast this season.  I haven't been this excited about the team in years.

SJUFAN

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
Can't wait to see him and D'lo back next season with more talent.  Sampson could make the jump to beast this season.  I haven't been this excited about the team in years.

Next year will be huge for Sampson if he is looking to make the jump to the NBA following the season. I am not convinced he will be ready to leave after next year.

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2013, 12:26:54 PM »

Yes.

3'lo and Hollywood looking cozy.  Perhaps my feeling he's leaving is misguided?

« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
Next year will be huge for Sampson if he is looking to make the jump to the NBA following the season. I am not convinced he will be ready to leave after next year.

Not unless he learns to shoot from behind the arc.  His skill set has so far been perfect for most NCAA PFs but he needs to be a better 3 to be in the NBA.  I honestly feel he stays through his junior year unless we see him shoot 35%+ from 3pt range.

« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »

Yes.

This article as well.....
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9176540/dangelo-harrison-jakarr-sampson-return-st-johns

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »

Yes.

Heard you and Phil are trying to torpedo their relationship.  :)

jr49

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Not unless he learns to shoot from behind the arc.  His skill set has so far been perfect for most NCAA PFs but he needs to be a better 3 to be in the NBA.  I honestly feel he stays through his junior year unless we see him shoot 35%+ from 3pt range.
Handle, passing and court sense might also be factors. Hows this thing where he dribbles into 3 guys, and can't find the open man thing going. I like his game, still green as grass.

Moose

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »
Otto Porter hit just 12 three pointers at 23% his freshman year.  This year he hit over 40 three's and shot over 40%.  I hope we see a similar improvement from Karr.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
Otto Porter hit just 12 three pointers at 23% his freshman year.  This year he hit over 40 three's and shot over 40%.  I hope we see a similar improvement from Karr.

Wow, didn't realize that.  That's some serious improvement from OP.   
I tend to think guys only make small improvements in their shooting ability, but that obviously shows big jumps can be made.

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Yes.

This article as well.....
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9176540/dangelo-harrison-jakarr-sampson-return-st-johns

I think the best thing about that whole article is at the end where Dlo admits he may not even start. He definitely will at some point, but accepting the fact that him not starting may be whats best for the team is very encouraging. Boy would he be dangerous off the bench.

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

Wow, didn't realize that.  That's some serious improvement from OP.   
I tend to think guys only make small improvements in their shooting ability, but that obviously shows big jumps can be made.

Yes Porter increased his made threes by 258% from frosh to soph year.  If Jakarr can show the same rate of improvement he'll bring his made 3's up to 0.  ;)

boo3

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
 I find it interesting that there are people in the camp that say Sampson need to have more offensive game in the paint, with his back to the basket.  There is another campo that suggests he needs to dramatically improve his game from beyond the arc.

Both sides are correct.  The good thing is that what Sampson is good at, the "in between" game, is what most players in this day and age can never master.   Back to the basket and long range shooting can both be worked on and improved. 

He has the difficult part down already , IMO..

« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »

Yes.

Heard you and Phil are trying to torpedo their relationship.  :)

No truth to that rumor.