2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies
Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #420 on: June 09, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »
Fri.  9/27 Midnight Madness
Tu.  11/5 Humboldt State (Exhibition) (Carnesecca)
Fri.  11/8 Wisconsin (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
Longwood was 8-25 last season.  I know we don't have much of a choice in scheduling them because it's part of the Barclays thing but  they're the definition of a cupcake.  Then again they did something we couldn't do last year,  beat UNC-Asheville.

Could have been a pretty good game.  Longwood was scheduled to have talent.  6'9 Swiss frosh Michael Kessens was a revalation this past season getting 14 pts and 9 boards a game - but he showed SO well he's transferred to Alabama.  They Do return leading scorer Tristan Carey, a 6'4 SG  back for his senior year after getting nearly 16 pts and 5 boards a game.     I guess some of you would know their 3rd leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder, 6'6 225 rising Jr Jeylani Dublin - 10 pts and 6 boards - out of Brooklyn - Millbrook School. 22/10 as a senior there.   They're also getting a pretty good PG in as a JC transfer - Leron Fisher, who played his high school ball at South Kent.   And a bit of a sleeper in 6'8 SF Demarion Geter out of Dunbar High in Ohio.

They play in the Big South conference - so I see them play pretty regularly.  Conference Opponent Radford is about 20 minutes from my home.
Tu.  11/19  Bucknell (Carnesecca)
Fri.  11/29 Penn State (Barclays)
Sat. 11/30 Ole Miss/Georgia Tech (Barclays)
Sat. 12/7 Fordham (MSG)
Sat. 12/14 Syracuse (MSG)
Sat. 12/28 Columbia (Barclays)
TBA: Monmouth (Carnesecca), Longwood (Carnesecca), San Francisco (Carnesecca)
Big East
Home: Depaul, Creighton, Seton Hall, Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Providence
Road:  Depaul, Creighton, Seton Hall, Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Providence

Longwood was 8-25 last season.  I know we don't have much of a choice in scheduling them because it's part of the Barclays thing but  they're the definition of a cupcake.  Then again they did something we couldn't do last year,  beat UNC-Asheville.

Could have been a pretty good game.  Longwood was scheduled to have talent.  6'9 Swiss frosh Michael Kessens was a revalation this past season getting 14 pts and 9 boards a game - but he showed SO well he's transferred to Alabama.  They Do return leading scorer Tristan Carey, a 6'4 SG  back for his senior year after getting nearly 16 pts and 5 boards a game.     I guess some of you would know their 3rd leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder, 6'6 225 rising Jr Jeylani Dublin - 10 pts and 6 boards - out of Brooklyn - Millbrook School. 22/10 as a senior there.   They're also getting a pretty good PG in as a JC transfer - Leron Fisher, who played his high school ball at South Kent.   And a bit of a sleeper in 6'8 SF Demarion Geter out of Dunbar High in Ohio.

They play in the Big South conference - so I see them play pretty regularly.  Conference Opponent Radford is about 20 minutes from my home.

A friend of mine played against their frost pg last year, Lucas Woodhouse, spoke highly of him. 5.5 assists as a frosh is impressive. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
Sat. 12/7 Fordham (MSG)
Big East
Home: Depaul, Creighton, Seton Hall, Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Providence
Road:  Depaul, Creighton, Seton Hall, Xavier, Butler, Georgetown, Villanova, Marquette, Providence

Longwood is part of the Barclays with Bucknell right?  Assuming it will be right around Bucknell game

I think Monmouth is part of the Barclays and Bucknell is just a regular game.

Moose

« Reply #422 on: June 09, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
Sat. 12/7 Fordham (MSG)
Big East

Longwood is part of the Barclays with Bucknell right?  Assuming it will be right around Bucknell game

I think Monmouth is part of the Barclays and Bucknell is just a regular game.

My bad.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #423 on: June 09, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
Is Bucknell's big guy gone next year?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #424 on: June 09, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »
Is Bucknell's big guy gone next year?

Muscala, yes.

redslope

« Reply #425 on: June 09, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
Thanks Much for posting the schedule; looks like a lot of home cooking ay least 17 home game ticket package unless the 2 at the Barkley finals are also included-then 19.  start saving today for the season ticket package could be one of the most expensive in ages.

Moose

« Reply #426 on: June 09, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »
Thanks Much for posting the schedule; looks like a lot of home cooking ay least 17 home game ticket package unless the 2 at the Barkley finals are also included-then 19.  start saving today for the season ticket package could be one of the most expensive in ages.

I don't think there will be a difference in price.  A lot of the marquee home games are gone also.

gman

« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2013, 12:04:25 AM »
Bummer that Wisconsin game isn't in Madison. Wisconsin football and Green Bay are both home that weekend. Could have been a great trifecta

« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »
If SJU stays consistent the Barclay games will not be part of the package.

Poison

« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »
Bummer that Wisconsin game isn't in Madison. Wisconsin football and Green Bay are both home that weekend. Could have been a great trifecta

Yea, but we're trying to put St.John's back in the national spotlight. So, that explains why we're opening the season in North Dakota. Whatever that is. 

« Reply #430 on: June 10, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »
We need a true road game on the schedule.

« Reply #431 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
We definitely playing Fordham again at MSG.  Kind of disappointed we are doing that.  Since the Holiday Festival is a one game format we should have tried to put a higher level team in there.

Anybody know if a west coast game is on the schedule?

« Reply #432 on: June 10, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »
We definitely playing Fordham again at MSG.  Kind of disappointed we are doing that.  Since the Holiday Festival is a one game format we should have tried to put a higher level team in there.

The Fordham game was actually one of our bigger MSG crowds last year.

gman

« Reply #433 on: June 10, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »

Yea, but we're trying to put St.John's back in the national spotlight. So, that explains why we're opening the season in North Dakota. Whatever that is.

It screwed up a potential guys weekend for my brother and I! Oh well maybe I will joing maher and Ted in Dakota

Moose

« Reply #434 on: June 10, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »

It screwed up a potential guys weekend for my brother and I! Oh well maybe I will joing maher and Ted in Dakota

Ted is banned from traveling.

Re: 2013-2014 Schedulee mo
« Reply #435 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:18 PM »

that game is a waste...does nothing for us and generates zero excitement...SJU vs Iona would be more anticipated...and i am not espousing putting Iona on schedule..just that Fordham is a negative

« Reply #436 on: June 10, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
Totally agree, I don't like giving Pecora anytime in the Garden.  No secret he still takes it personally that he is not our coach.

sju89tr

« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »

Ted is banned from traveling.
[/quote

If I go to South Dakota will anyone even know I am there LOL

desco80

Re: 2013-2014 Schedulee mo
« Reply #438 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

that game is a waste...does nothing for us and generates zero excitement...SJU vs Iona would be more anticipated...and i am not espousing putting Iona on schedule..just that Fordham is a negative

I hear what you're saying, it's not an exciting matchup at all.  But not every game can be against Wisconsin or Syracuse.   If we're going to play a low-profile game, I don't see the difference whether it is UNC Ashville, Northeastern, or Fordham.   At that point what difference does it really make?

If you're saying you'd rather switch it up and get Marist/Manhattan/Niagra/Siena etc on the schedule instead of Fordham every year, then I guess I can understand that.
But if all else is equal I'd rather play Fordham than an equally talented team from the middle of nowehere that we have no connection with.

uwsfan

« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
Sat. 12/7 Fordham (MSG)
Big East

Schedule looks weak. Dont like it.
No reason to play both Columbia and Fordham in the same season. One of those games should have been against Kentucky, Duke, Indiana...

And why the hell is Bucknell on the schedule?!  Seems a complete waste of a game for such a talented experienced team.