2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies
Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
Let's hope coach didn't just put the hex on us!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
“@STJCoachLavin: Strong core of veterans return for
2013-14. Johnnies hard at work. Focusing specifically on strength, flexibility and skill refinement.”

bk8664

« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »
2013-14. Johnnies hard at work. Focusing specifically on strength, flexibility and skill refinement.”

I'm rather those three be replaced with shooting, shooting and more shooting.
Or perhaps:  Shooting, shooting and ball handling for Sampson & Pointer.

paultzman

« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »
"Fifteen others on the cusp: Alabama, Arizona State, Boise State, Butler, Creighton, Georgetown, Harvard, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Saint Louis, Stanford, St. John's, Villanova, Virginia, Wisconsin"

“@JasonKingESPN: King: An updated Top 25 for 2013-14 http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9222871/an-updated-look-top-25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

Moose

« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
"Fifteen others on the cusp: Alabama, Arizona State, Boise State, Butler, Creighton, Georgetown, Harvard, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Saint Louis, Stanford, St. John's, Villanova, Virginia, Wisconsin"

“@JasonKingESPN: King: An updated Top 25 for 2013-14 http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9222871/an-updated-look-top-25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

Only 1 new BE team.
Cuse ridiculously too high.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

GT should be there.

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »

I'm rather those three be replaced with shooting, shooting and more shooting.
Or perhaps:  Shooting, shooting and ball handling for Sampson & Pointer.

I think those are Skillz, at least where I come from, though maybe they need to be more than refined.

Poison

« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2013, 03:17:31 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

They have one quality player returning.

Marillac

« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Grant will be a first rounder...maybe lottery next year.  Fair will be a late first/early second rounder.  Ennis looks like he's ready to be Triche 2.0 from the start.  They also have Coleman and Keita coming back up front.

The talent and experience is much lower than the last half-decade for sure, but it's still very good.

Moose

« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Grant will be a first rounder...maybe lottery next year.  Fair will be a late first/early second rounder.  Ennis looks like he's ready to be Triche 2.0 from the start.  They also have Coleman and Keita coming back up front.

The talent and experience is much lower than the last half-decade for sure, but it's still very good.

College hoops is a guards game.  Triche as a freshman had the luxury of Rautins (Sr), Wesley Johnson (Jr), Scoop (So) and even Joseph (So) on board.  Ennis doesn't have those luxuries from the perimeter IMO.  Fair is legit.  Grant looked good as a freshman but disappeared at times can't deny that.  I'm curious to see how the backcourt can lead them and the ranking is WAY too high.

Poison

« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Grant lottery? What did he show you last year? I saw a promising freshman, but lottery? Way too soon. They have a lot of holes to fill, and while we know Boeheim will fill some of them, it would be surprising if they were top ten again after so much turnover. Again.

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »
Syracuse is going to be good, don't worry.  The class of Ennis, Roberson, Patterson etc is very good.

That game is going to be a lot fun next winter.  A nice early barometer for SJU.

Probably will be a Saturday game on ESPN in December.  Get your tickets early.  I think with Syracuse's draw in NYC and the expectation SJU is going to be good will lead to a big crowd.  Perhaps a sell out if the records are good at the time.

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
Syracuse is going to be good, don't worry.  The class of Ennis, Roberson, Patterson etc is very good.

That game is going to be a lot fun next winter.  A nice early barometer for SJU.

Probably will be a Saturday game on ESPN in December.  Get your tickets early.  I think with Syracuse's draw in NYC and the expectation SJU is going to be good will lead to a big crowd.  Perhaps a sell out if the records are good at the time.

Syracuse will have the least amount of talent they've had on paper in a while. They still could be very good if their bigs develop, their freshmen play well and if CJ Fair takes on "the man" roll well.

I too can't wait for that game against them next year. We will have the bigs to battle them down low and their guards aren't blessed with great size and length like past years. Should make attacking their zone a lot easier.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Grant lottery? What did he show you last year? I saw a promising freshman, but lottery? Way too soon. They have a lot of holes to fill, and while we know Boeheim will fill some of them, it would be surprising if they were top ten again after so much turnover. Again.

The kid looks like a super talent to me...just oozing potential.  I would not be shocked at all if he was a lottery pick.  How much more did Waiters and MCW show as freshmen?  It's sickening how JB always has someone blow up out of nowhere (Wes Johsnon types).  I think that kid will be Grant.  Fair has too many holes in his game to be a Batman....more of a very good Robin.

paultzman

« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

The kid looks like a super talent to me...just oozing potential.  I would not be shocked at all if he was a lottery pick.  How much more did Waiters and MCW show as freshmen?  It's sickening how JB always has someone blow up out of nowhere (Wes Johsnon types).  I think that kid will be Grant.  Fair has too many holes in his game to be a Batman....more of a very good Robin.

Agree on Grant, he should have gotten more time in Tourney when Sutherland struggled. Will be a star.

Chilleb

« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

College hoops is a guards game.  Triche as a freshman had the luxury of Rautins (Sr), Wesley Johnson (Jr), Scoop (So) and even Joseph (So) on board.  Ennis doesn't have those luxuries from the perimeter IMO.  Fair is legit.  Grant looked good as a freshman but disappeared at times can't deny that.  I'm curious to see how the backcourt can lead them and the ranking is WAY too high.
Ron Patterson? Roberson?

Poison

« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2013, 08:45:24 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

What holes do you think Fair has? I don't see one.

« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »
FWIW nbadraft.net has Grant going #16 in 2014 NBA Draft Room has him going 14 in 2015.

Moose

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Ron Patterson? Roberson?

Freshman.  And while good freshman they aren't the elite so I expect growing pains. 

Poison

« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

Only 1 new BE team.

Ron Patterson? Roberson?

Freshman.  And while good freshman they aren't the elite so I expect growing pains. 

They'll probably have some growing pains, but I still fully expect to lose when we play them. Boeheim knows how to play St.John's. Doesn't matter who our coach is unfortunately.