Mullin to step down? Hurley in?

• 361 replies
Re: Mullin to step down? Hurley in?
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2019, 01:21:23 PM »
His hands may be tied re: amount for buy out and hiring new coach.
Or maybe he knows that firing a coach at St. John's off of a very successful Ncaa bid season is stupid.

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
Mullin is an absolute disgrace
This is not Fraschilla/Jarvis/Roberts/Lavin your writing of. This is our all-time greatest scoring leader, 2440 pts, that led us to the final four.

You're an absolute disgrace.

« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »
This tournament appearance this year doesn't even feel like we made it. 
Felt like it to me.

I watched the selection Sunday show and saw our name pop up on the board. Then I watched us play in an entire Ncaa tournament game.  You might be hard of feeling.

SJUFAN

« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2019, 02:05:23 PM »
Felt like it to me.

I watched the selection Sunday show and saw our name pop up on the board. Then I watched us play in an entire Ncaa tournament game.  You might be hard of feeling.

You mean watched us get embarrassed during the pre first round game?

SJUFAN

« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »
This is our all-time greatest scoring leader, 2440 pts, that led us to the final four.

What does this have to do with his ability to coach, develop talent, and run a D1 program?

« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »
You mean watched us get embarrassed during the pre first round game?
Losing by 9 pts in a neutral site game is embarrassing?  You embarrass very easily.

« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
What does this have to do with his ability to coach, develop talent, and run a D1 program?
Nothing.

But if you come on a St. Johns University basketball website and call a man that any SJ's fan with any sense of history whatsoever idolizes as the greatest hero the program has ever had an "absolute disgrace", expect some blowback.

As I've said before, the Ucan't, Syracuse and Seton Hall fansites are right up the block.  You might have been redirected here by accident.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:29:26 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »
Think you can separate both. His coaching has been disgraceful, that doesn’t take away what he did in the past. Anyone with eyes can see he isn’t cut out for the job

« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2019, 03:45:47 PM »
Carmine,

I admire your loyalty to our coach and I agree wholeheartedly with what you have argued here. However, I learned at an early age that it is useless to argue with idiots. They will never feel about St. John's basketball what you feel. They are the epitome of losers.

« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »
Losing by 9 pts in a neutral site game is embarrassing?  You embarrass very easily.

They may have only lost by 9, but the game was over in the first 10 minutes.  I watched Mullin score most of those 2440 points and  wanted nothing more then his success as coach.  But its obvious that  he has not improved as a coach in 4 years and what what has he done to make anyone believe he'll be better in year 5?

And to me losing your top recruit because an assistant coach leaves in unacceptable.   It's obvious that Mack doesn't want to play for Mullin.  There has to be something wrong with that.  Am I the only one who feels that way?

Poison

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2019, 04:52:46 PM »

It was the way they played down the stretch that was embarrassing. They didn’t work together, or come together in any way.

That’s why we have a coach. That’s the job. You build towards something meaningful at the end of the season.

Mullin’s pre season schedule could have led us to something, but it didn’t. He didn’t get the young kids enough burn, and they were too raw to help us with any consistency when we needed them in BE play. 

It’s a mess. IDK how they plan to fix it and from the looks of things neither do they.

They need a point guard. Who’s committing to our coach Mullin?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:17:58 PM by Poison »

« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2019, 05:02:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/status/1115331604707201024

offer the guy 2 more years non-guaranteed, with lots of goals/objectives to be reached, ie, go out an recruit.....

« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »
Carmine,

I admire your loyalty to our coach and I agree wholeheartedly with what you have argued here. However, I learned at an early age that it is useless to argue with idiots. They will never feel about St. John's basketball what you feel. They are the epitome of losers.

Man, stop it!  This is all BS!  Besides you said, "we'd be 3rd with Ponds, and 5th without him."  Well, we had him and still didn't finish in either 3rd or 5th.  So, what happened? 

If you're fine waxing nostalgia and getting a woody off Mullin's playing days, then that's all well and good.  Heck!  I enjoyed him as a player.  But if others view him differently as a coach (as, erickthered said, "you can separate both"), then you go on the attack.  98% of your posts seem to be about going on the attack of posters who merely share a difference in opinion of Mullin than you do.  Nothing else.  No dialogue.  Just simply attacking. 

Frankly, you seem like the "loser," as all of your posts are one of the same.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:05:16 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2019, 06:19:32 PM »
My post was to Carmine, but evidently you identified with the idiot reference.

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »
My post was to Carmine, but evidently you identified with the idiot reference.

You may have been directed in backing Carmine, but it was on the forum which means anyone can respond to your post.  You know, that's how message boards operate.  You called posters "idiots" and "losers."  The majority of your posts are the same....  Constantly talking trash. 

I bet your ass would run and cower in person.....  Loser.  LOL   
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:34:38 PM by mjdinkins »

TONYD3

« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »
This is not Fraschilla/Jarvis/Roberts/Lavin your writing of. This is our all-time greatest scoring leader, 2440 pts, that led us to the final four.

You're an absolute disgrace.
Those other guys atleast tried. Your boy can’t even do that. Where is he? Do you think he worked today?
As stated other times. You seem like a great guy. If this lazy man never asked for this job we would probably be friends.
I am 40 years old. Whatever lazy ass did when I was finishing up 1st grade doesn’t count.
He sucks and is lazy. He already stole 8 million. He should quit and not hold the school hostage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:10:03 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2019, 08:24:48 PM »

Did you watch the game (or the end of the season for that matter)?  They were horrible to watch.

goredmen

« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2019, 08:39:06 PM »
Rothstein
Sources: Chris Mullin is expected to step down as head coach of St. John's. Official announcement expected this week. #SJUBB

Also said Bobby Hurley expected to be at the top of the list