Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1660 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »
Yo I hear from Funkmaster Flex that Kyle's signin wit Apex Tech!

HAHA!

What are you hearing from Kay Slay? :)

« Reply #1661 on: September 12, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
Seton Hall makes no sense. I don't believe for a second that he'd be that careless with his basketball career. And for those that think he can go there and still make the league, go ask Sylven Landesberg how that's working out.

Different dynamics and different players.  Kyle is a better player than Landesberg.  I'm sure most hoop heads would agree.  Landesberg also left school too early.

Nevertheless, I think Anderson would be best served in Queens.   ;)

I don't know if Anderson is much better than Landesberg. Let's hope he's smarter.
two different players - SL didn't distribute anywhere near the way Kyle is projected to, projected being an operative word, but that will obviously be his strong suit.

« Reply #1662 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:05 PM »
Not sure it means anything but Zags is still hearing that UCLA and us are the favorites (cue Hoya fans).

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/09/12/florida-gets-crack-at-anderson/#more-57655

NYCoffey

« Reply #1663 on: September 12, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Georgetown has a home visit with @KyleAnderson5 Tuesday

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/113271709276188672

They weren't scheduled to have an in home visit originally, so hopefully we are going to schedule one as well. Not that its the end all, but it doesn't hurt to have as much face time as the other schools. If the other 4 schools have an in home, I would find it weird that we were the only ones with no in home visit. But with the paranoia of this recruitment, I would find a way to be convinced that this means Kyle is picking ST. Johns.

« Reply #1664 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
They weren't scheduled to have an in home visit originally, so hopefully we are going to schedule one as well. Not that its the end all, but it doesn't hurt to have as much face time as the other schools. If the other 4 schools have an in home, I would find it weird that we were the only ones with no in home visit. But with the paranoia of this recruitment, I would find a way to be convinced that this means Kyle is picking ST. Johns.

I agree with your entire post, Coffey.  I'm also hoping to get an in-home, but it may not be necessary.  Although, it would be weird for us to not get one. 

It may be part of the "poker game," as stated by Telep.  It also would give me an idea he's "showing his hand," per se'.   

« Reply #1665 on: September 12, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
Not sure it means anything but Zags is still hearing that UCLA and us are the favorites (cue Hoya fans).

One side note, although it probably won't matter, but it's still going to happen: Kyle will be at the Fla/Tenn game Saturday at the same time they're hosting Mitch McGary.  Billy will be using that angle trying to sell one another on Fla.  To me, Fla is a harder sell since it's always has been, and always will be a football school first.  But I'd never discount Billy for what he's accomplished there.  "The puncher's chance" is this Saturday.  Bring out the football team and the Fla dancin' girls - watch the Kyle and Mitch duo story come out after Saturday.   

« Reply #1666 on: September 12, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
Well, this isn't a good sign at all.

HOT 97 morning show host just mentioned on air he thinks Kyle is going to SH. Kyle gave everyone a heads up to listen to it on twitter. He obviously liked it.

Building on your point. If the Andersons have been closed to the vest with regards to KA's recruitment why would they start giving hints about where KA might sign? If anything, I would imagine they might give some misdirection.

Be careful about stating it not being a good sign.  Maybe, he does go to the Hall.  But, he could've been setting up the host of that show.  I didn't hear the show, but I wouldn't doubt he's just "playing the game," per se'.

I've stated this before....  Many of the Hall fans are gonna be livid, if he doesn't choose 'em.  There has been lots of teasing going on (from the Hall's "insider" and indirectly from Anderson), and I can see some severe backlash coming out of this one, if he doesn't end up at SHU. 

« Reply #1667 on: September 12, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
One side note, although it probably won't matter, but it's still going to happen: Kyle will be at the Fla/Tenn game Saturday at the same time they're hosting Mitch McGary.  Billy will be using that angle trying to sell one another on Fla.  To me, Fla is a harder sell since it's always has been, and always will be a football school first.  But I'd never discount Billy for what he's accomplished there.  "The puncher's chance" is this Saturday.  Bring out the football team and the Fla dancin' girls - watch the Kyle and Mitch duo story come out after Saturday.

I hear UNC feels good about landing McGary.  Time will tell.

« Reply #1668 on: September 12, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »
Yo I hear from Funkmaster Flex that Kyle's signin wit Apex Tech!

HAHA!

What are you hearing from Kay Slay? :)

Cant understand a word he says lol

Gumby

« Reply #1669 on: September 12, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
Was that a mistake on Zags note concerning UCLA and us being in the lead, when he stated that KA will make his announcement on 9/19?

« Reply #1670 on: September 12, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
Was that a mistake on Zags note concerning UCLA and us being in the lead, when he stated that KA will make his announcement on 9/19?

hell make his decision on the 19Th and announce it on the 20Th to the public
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1671 on: September 12, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »

It does mean something.

And I think our Georgetown friends, God Bless them good guys, see the writing on the wall.

« Reply #1672 on: September 12, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
For those interested, here is a more detailed account of Anderson on Hot 97 this morning from the SH board:

"Heard Kyle this morning do an interview with Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg on Hot 97, which is the major hip hop station for NY and North Jersey.

Summary:

As soon as he came on Ciph started pushing the idea of staying home and "putting the local team on his back" by going to Seton Hall and returning the team to the upper echelon of college basketball. Kyle sort of acknowledged that that might be cool, but didn't say much. They talked a bit about how he was going to be making his decision on his birthday and compared it to the LeBron James decision saga.

Rosenberg then asked what other schools he was considering (other than Seton Hall) and Kyle said "UCLA, Georgetown, Florida, Seton Hall." He then tried to correct himself, realizing that Hall was already discussed and that St. Johns was the fifth school, but the DJ's were already off and running, trying to tell him why the other schools were bad choices. Rosenberg on Florida: "A state full of animals. Every crazy person and every crazy story from the news always happens in Florida." Ciph on UCLA: "you don't want to get mixed up with all that bloods and crips stuff out in LA." Rosenberg, who is from the DC area originally, on Georgetown: "Georgetown is boooooring. The kids there are too smart and nerdy, you don't want to go there." SJU was not touched because as I mentioned before Kyle initially missed them.

Ciph said that he understood why Kyle might want to go away to school, so he could be away from his family out and "wil' out" (somebody help me with the appropriate spelling on that expression) while at college, but Ciph offered to get him a fake ID so he could do what he needed to and stay home. Kyle laughed it all off. Interview ended with them wishing him well and wishing him happy birthday." I bet any St. John's fans who heard this must've been pissed that St. john's slipped his mind and that a NY radio station was pushing him to go to Seton Hall.

Poison

« Reply #1673 on: September 12, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
How true. The bloods and crips of Westwood.

Moose

« Reply #1674 on: September 12, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
So wait.

We still have no in home and he didn't mention us on a high quality reporting Hot 97 interview?

I'm officially starting to panic.
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #1675 on: September 12, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
From all accounts KA's Dad knows the limitations that SHU would impose on KA's future.  Seeing pictures of KA in the Daily News or even the NY Times on a frequent basis while leading the Red Storm to another victory can only bring good things to the legend of KA, and make NBA scouts drool. 

Why go through a building program where you have to beg your friends to join you?  Especially, when you can be the lead ingredient of a potentially great college BB team.

KA is too good a player to not go with Coach Lavin and his vision.

We have always been on the bad ( SHU ) side of this argument. Now we're the logical choice. Hopefully it plays out in our favor.

« Reply #1676 on: September 12, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
How could Kyle not want to go to a school coached by this guy? http://lockerz.com/s/138180030

Also, read on Twitter that Matt Barnes and Al Harrington were working out on campus today.

SJU79

« Reply #1677 on: September 12, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names. I am not in the business of predictions or guessing. I dont sit around all day gathering information off the internet  and make educated guesses. All I am is posting what I hear from people personally. People who would know. So please stop calling me stupid s**t if you dont like what im hearing. And if what im hearing is wrong, guess what? It wouldnt be the first nor the last so stop telling me how stupid im gonna feel if  he chooses SH! If he chooses SJU(which im still 100% hearing) im not gonna waste 1 sec responding to you, so please keep your enthusiasm for the sport and your school, just direct it elsewhere.

« Reply #1678 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
I have been getting quite a few PM's asking me if im still sure about KA as well as some links from other boards questioning me and calling me dumb a*s names. I am not in the business of predictions or guessing. I dont sit around all day gathering information off the internet  and make educated guesses. All I am is posting what I hear from people personally. People who would know. So please stop calling me stupid s**t if you dont like what im hearing. And if what im hearing is wrong, guess what? It wouldnt be the first nor the last so stop telling me how stupid im gonna feel if  he chooses SH! If he chooses SJU(which im still 100% hearing) im not gonna waste 1 sec responding to you, so please keep your enthusiasm for the sport and your school, just direct it elsewhere.

Your contributions here are very much appreciated. If someone is hassling you please make me aware of it, that's what mods and I are here for.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #1679 on: September 12, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »

Pretty pathetic that your getting messages like that '79.  Its sad how some people use the Internet in that fashion.  You have been nothing but civil in terms of sharing and discussing information.  I know I speak for most fans like yourself when I say keep it up!

Also to note my responses a few posts above was chalk full of sarcasm in case anyone thought otherwise.
Remember who broke the Slice news