Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

Moose

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #540 on: September 08, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
I loved Moe, always will and he will be the guy that we look back on and say his choice to play at SJU pointed us in the right direction. However if i'm given a choice of Moe for one more year or the class that we have now along side the returning players i'm going to have to go with the depth and talent total over one player, which in my mind should equal more wins.

Why couldn't we have had Moe and the incoming class minus Jones?  Now that'd be a sure fire NCAA team.

That team would've been scary good. But it could've made other recruits hesitant to commit. Jakarr for example.

I think Orlando was less likely to come.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #541 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
“@JonRothstein: St. John's F Orlando Sanchez making an early impression in Queens w his versatility. Really skilled. Should start for Red Storm at PF.”

Moose

« Reply #542 on: September 10, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
“@JonRothstein: St. John's F Orlando Sanchez making an early impression in Queens w his versatility. Really skilled. Should start for Red Storm at PF.”

.........@JohnRotstein: I love reading STJ fan boards so I can regurgitate what they say...........

paultzman

« Reply #543 on: September 10, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »

.........@JohnRotstein: I love reading STJ fan boards so I can regurgitate what they say...........

"So much Gregg Doyel in Moose"

« Reply #544 on: September 11, 2012, 01:50:45 AM »
He is soooooooo nice. I didn't know he was this good

Told you ALL how good this kid is.  Keeping to my word that this kid is a pro! 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »

Before we start talking pros, can we talk college? What kind of college player will he be?

Moose

« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »

Before we start talking pros, can we talk college? What kind of college player will he be?

One good enough to become a pro :)

MCNPA

« Reply #547 on: September 11, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Well, it is promising that at the PF spot, we are replacing Harkless with Orlando.  Orlando is taller than Harkless and just as nimble and athletic if not more so.  Orlando from what I've seen is a better passer.  If he can learn to defer a little bit less and go to his offense more, he seems to have the tools to do similar types of things on the court.  Harkless wasn't nearly as dominant before arriving at SJU either.  He always had the tools, but wasnt an aggressive scorer the way he became after a few games and coaching at SJU. 

I wouldn't go by Orlando's JC offensive numbers as a harbinger for what he'll do here.  Some guys just need a push to find their niche and become more aggressive in certain areas.   Orlando seems to have that potential.  If he's that good this year, then we'll be difficult to stop as a team with all of our other pieces.

pmg911

« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »
Orlando from what I've seen is a better passer. 

What exactly have you seen..? How many times have you actually seen him play..?

MCNPA

« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »
Orlando from what I've seen is a better passer. 

What exactly have you seen..? How many times have you actually seen him play..?

3.  Harkless wasnt a phenomenal passer.  Orlando made some amazing passes even in those pro city games.   Why the inquisition?  I said "from what I've seen". 

Poison

« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »
Who would you compare Orlando to?

pmg911

« Reply #551 on: September 11, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »
Why the inquisition?  I said "from what I've seen". 

Inquisition..? Getting a little defensive aren't we..?

I asked a question...   how many times I have you seen Orlando Sanchez to play to make any type of judgement call on his game..? For all I know you could have been to 5 Monroe CC games last season...

« Reply #552 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
Who would you compare Orlando to?

Give me a taller Brownlee and we are cooking!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #553 on: September 11, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Brownlee and Moe could both shoot.   I've only seen 3 of Orlando's games, and they were online, but I didn't see that kind of midrange game from him.

He seems like a very good player, but I think the expectations for him seemingly got higher and higher as the summer went on, without any additional game footage or scouting info. 

Moose

« Reply #554 on: September 11, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
Brownlee and Moe could both shoot.   I've only seen 3 of Orlando's games, and they were online, but I didn't see that kind of midrange game from him.

He seems like a very good player, but I think the expectations for him seemingly got higher and higher as the summer went on, without any additional game footage or scouting info. 

There was a video of him shooting (yes unguarded and practicing) from 3 point land and he was hitting them at a pretty good return.  (People did bitch that his shot was flat.  Love all the basketball experts :) )  Can't find the video but it was posted during his recruitment.

« Reply #555 on: September 11, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

There was a video of him shooting (yes unguarded and practicing) from 3 point land and he was hitting them at a pretty good return.  (People did bitch that his shot was flat.  Love all the basketball experts :) )  Can't find the video but it was posted during his recruitment.

We also saw a video of Lindsey last summer where he was unguarded and bombing away from the perimeter. ;)

Moose

« Reply #556 on: September 11, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »

We also saw a video of Lindsey last summer where he was unguarded and bombing away from the perimeter. ;)

I recall the Nuri videos but he missed a great deal of them ;)

« Reply #557 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »

I recall the Nuri videos but he missed a great deal of them ;)

If my memory serves me correct I actually remember him hitting 10+ jumpers in a row. Maybe not from 3 land though
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #558 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »

Fair enough, maybe he does have a decent shot.  I'm not trying to knock Orlando, I just get the sense that expectations for him are skyrocketing lately.  (conversely, I think some of our fans are sleeping on Jakarr).     

Moose

« Reply #559 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »

Fair enough, maybe he does have a decent shot.  I'm not trying to knock Orlando, I just get the sense that expectations for him are skyrocketing lately.  (conversely, I think some of our fans are sleeping on Jakarr).     

Well Orlando being 24 is why.  He's more mature, filled out, etc....