Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S

• 864 replies

jayro

Re: Orlando Sanchez - PF - Monroe CC - Nagua, DR - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #600 on: November 30, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »
I think he gets cleared by the Fordham game.  Just a hunch, no info on it at all.

paultzman

« Reply #601 on: December 04, 2012, 05:05:05 PM »
This saga gives you a sense of how little NCAA cares about timely resolution of issues.

“@Joshua_Newman: Good to see the NCAA is in no rush to decide on Texas sophomore point guard Myck Kabongo. http://t.co/eF9Jzuxf

paultzman

« Reply #602 on: December 07, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »
“@QSTJHoops: No update on the Orlando Sanchez situation, says Lavin. #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
Vitale reference to Orlando at end of article;

COMMENTARY
College hoops landscape changing
Updated: December 12, 2012, 12:46 PM ET
By Dick Vitale | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET3COMMENTS1EMAILPRINT
The landscape of college basketball will be changing in a number of places.

At this time of year, there are players becoming eligible, others returning from injury. Several schools will receive a boost that could make a difference.

Out at UNLV, 6-9 sophomore Khem Birch is anticipated to be eligible in time for the team's game at UTEP on December 17. Put him up front with diaper dandy Anthony Bennett and you have a dynamic duo. Veteran Mike Moser suffered a dislocated elbow vs. California, so Birch's presence will help. Birch transferred from Pittsburgh and had to sit out the first semester. He gives coach Dave Rice another big body. The Rebels already had a loaded roster, and this will help provide even greater depth.

Missouri has a lot of talent in the backcourt, even with Michael Dixon Jr. leaving the program. Coach Frank Haith gets another potential scoring threat when former Oregon player Jabari Brown becomes eligible December 17 vs. South Carolina State if his coursework from the first semester is completed. Brown was highly-recruited out of high school and has the potential to contribute.

The rich will get richer as the news is finally positive in Bloomington, Ind. 6-8 Hanner Mosquera-Pera and seven-footer Peter Jurkin will be eligible December 15 vs. Butler after serving a nine-game suspension for receiving impermissible benefits from a former coach who was considered a booster. I did not understand the length of the suspension, but it will be over with and coach Tom Crean will likely use Mosquera-Pera in his rotation early. Jurkin will also add another big body to the already tough Hoosier lineup. Indiana is getting back injured forward Derek Elston too. He had surgery for a torn meniscus.

Louisville will be a different team when center Gorgui Dieng returns to the lineup. He suffered a broken wrist against Missouri back on November 23 and was listed as out for 4-6 weeks. Rick Pitino will be thrilled to get him back down the line as he is a shot-blocker extraordinaire in the paint.

Providence could be a different club if guard Vincent Council returns. A preseason All-Big East selection, he hurt his leg in the first game and has not return. Listed as day-to-day, he would give coach Ed Cooley's team a major lift should he be back. The Longhorns will eventually get forward Jaylen Bond back from a foot injury. Florida State hopes to have guard Ian Miller back for ACC play.

Then there is the case of Myck Kabongo of Texas and Orlando Sanchez of St. John's. Both are waiting tor the NCAA to rule on their futures and they could be difference-makers. Kabongo's absnce has hurt a young Texas team which has been plagued by turnovers.

My friends, keep an eye on these players as college basketball heads towards league play.

gman

« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2012, 12:48:14 PM »
I had a dream last night he was cleared. Let's hope I have some freaky powers and it just what I ate for dinner

paultzman

« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
I had a dream last night he was cleared. Let's hope I have some freaky powers and it just what I ate for dinner

Not what you ate hopefully.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:22:46 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
 Speculation or do you know something?

Foad

« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »
This is sanctioned by the California Community College Athletic Association rather than the NCAA but it gives me hope that Sanchez might be cleared soon. This broad is 50, whereas Sanchez is only like 47.

"Fifty year old 6-foot-6-inch 220-pound Desert Storm veteran Gabrielle Ludwig, who joined the Mission College Lady Saints as a mid-season walk-on became the first transsexual to play college hoops as both a man [Nassau Community College] and a woman."

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/sports/ci_22198685/transsexual-gabrielle-ludwig-plays-basketball-mission-college-although

gman

« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
STJ_Basketball ‏@STJ_Basketball
Orlando Sanchez on the videoboard wishing #stjbb fans a "Feliz Navidad," complete with Santa Beard. No change on Orlando's status, unfort.

Happy

« Reply #609 on: December 24, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
My memory is shot.. But can anyone remember a case like this going so long without at least a ruling?

paultzman

« Reply #610 on: December 24, 2012, 02:11:49 PM »
My memory is shot.. But can anyone remember a case like this going so long without at least a ruling?

No. What I don't get is, if the answer is no, say so. I can't imagine we are still responding to information requests from NCAA. Sad saga on many levels.

Poison

« Reply #611 on: December 24, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »

No. What I don't get is, if the answer is no, say so. I can't imagine we are still responding to information requests from NCAA. Sad saga on many levels.

We are still responding.

paultzman

« Reply #612 on: December 24, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »

We are still responding.

Thx Poison, surprised.

crgreen

« Reply #613 on: December 25, 2012, 01:52:23 AM »

We are still responding.

Thx Poison, surprised.

Are we late responding to old requests, or is the NCAA issuing new (additional) information requests?

Moose

« Reply #614 on: December 25, 2012, 02:22:47 AM »

We are still responding.

Thx Poison, surprised.

Are we late responding to old requests, or is the NCAA issuing new (additional) information requests?

They keep asking for new stuff
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #615 on: December 25, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
The NCAA probably wanted to wait until Christmas Day to officially suspend him for the season.
Part of me wonders if there is some good ole fashioned racism at work here?

Foad

« Reply #616 on: December 25, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »

"I hope that none of you feel the way I have the last two days, as if someone had come into my house and raped me."

ras

« Reply #617 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

"I hope that none of you feel the way I have the last two days, as if someone had come into my house and raped me."
What makes you say that? Similar qoute from Jarvis to the NCAA.

Poison

« Reply #618 on: December 25, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

What makes you say that? Similar qoute from Jarvis to the NCAA.

That is what Jarvis said while the NCAA was harassing Erick Barkley for basically nothing. The NCAA has always targeted SJ. Have to wonder if they have a problem with SJ's on another level?

« Reply #619 on: December 26, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
Lapchick was probably the last coach to tell them to keep their silly tournament, STJ is staying big time and playing in the NIT at the Garden (on 49th St).