Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday

• 241 replies
Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:44 PM »
Hey guys, at halftime of the game yesterday D'angelo came over in front of the student section where we were seated and started talking to some people. I've met him once or twice before and seen him around campus, so my brother and I decided to go up and say whats up. First of all, I know some of the rumors of fights with coaches and everything else but off the court Harrison seems like one of the nicer kids I've met being around campus and the program. We actually kind of interrupted the conversation he was having unintentionally but he immediately shook our hands and exchanged pleasantries. We told him we could use him and asked if he was coming back to which he replied with a thanx a lot and said he loves it here and definitely wants to come back real bad. We talked for a little bit and he was genuinely grateful we came up to say hey. We actually walked away and then ran into him again later coming up the stairs, the second time he actually stopped me to shake my hand again and said "don't worry man, ill be back" and even introduced himself real quick to my girlfriend who was walking with me. Moral of the story is he seems like a real nice kid and you could absolutely tell he loves it here and wants to be back in the worst way. Take it for what it's worth.

Re: Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »
Good to hear.  Sometimes a kid just needs a jolt to open his eyes a bit.  I hope he comes back better than ever.  Before reading your post, I was somewhat pessimistic about him returning.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
Wearing a Yankees hat. Now we know he's staying.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »
Hey guys, at halftime of the game yesterday D'angelo came over in front of the student section where we were seated and started talking to some people. I've met him once or twice before and seen him around campus, so my brother and I decided to go up and say whats up. First of all, I know some of the rumors of fights with coaches and everything else but off the court Harrison seems like one of the nicer kids I've met being around campus and the program. We actually kind of interrupted the conversation he was having unintentionally but he immediately shook our hands and exchanged pleasantries. We told him we could use him and asked if he was coming back to which he replied with a thanx a lot and said he loves it here and definitely wants to come back real bad. We talked for a little bit and he was genuinely grateful we came up to say hey. We actually walked away and then ran into him again later coming up the stairs, the second time he actually stopped me to shake my hand again and said "don't worry man, ill be back" and even introduced himself real quick to my girlfriend who was walking with me. Moral of the story is he seems like a real nice kid and you could absolutely tell he loves it here and wants to be back in the worst way. Take it for what it's worth.

outside the court, everything i hear about him is that he's a real cool, easygoing, shy dude.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
Wearing a Yankees hat. Now we know he's staying.

But seriously, good post op.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:58:17 PM »

Great picture. Love that guy. Hope he comes back. We are garbage w out him.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
They has been some statement that been attribute to me over the last few week.

So I'll reiterate what I say at the time:

"There was no felony committed here. Just a series of misdemeanors...."
http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=7710.msg149529#msg149529

What others say, others say. I am not privy to that. What I see is what I say. And word is bond. 24/7/365

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

LJSA

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 11:03:23 PM »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I shook Walter Berry's hand and he told me he'd be back? ;D

But in all seriousness, good to hear. Thanks for posting it.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:36 PM »
He could very well not be back, who knows if Lavs will even let him back.  Im just sharing my opinion on the little ive been able to speak to the young man and he seems to me to be a good kid at heart, at least off the court.  Also just wanted to share our convo because i though it was relevant.

DFF6

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:25 PM »
He could very well not be back, who knows if Lavs will even let him back.  Im just sharing my opinion on the little ive been able to speak to the young man and he seems to me to be a good kid at heart, at least off the court.  Also just wanted to share our convo because i though it was relevant.

Thanks for sharing.  I was pleasantly surprised to hear you didn't get an eye roll from D when you interrupted his conversation.  ::) ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »
according to Marco Baldi he had an Iona hat in that Lids bag

Poison

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 11:31:35 PM »
according to Marco Baldi he had an Iona hat in that Lids bag

He would be a great guard in the MAAC. None of his flaws would be exposed. He'd put up 25 a game. Maybe more. Let's hope we don't find out.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 11:34:25 PM »
Lets just hope it wasn't a rider hat in that bag, maher. Haha

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
I don't know what happened and I'm assuming that Lavin's suspension of Harrison was justified

But I'd still love to have this kid back next year. He's been such a strong player for St. John's and I'd love to see how his game progresses as an upperclassman.

boo3

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »
.. Or a euro- league cap. 

Pretty sure the coaches in the MAAC could figure out he can't go left.   ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:38:59 PM »
I don't know what happened and I'm assuming that Lavin's suspension of Harrison was justified

But I'd still love to have this kid back next year. He's been such a strong player for St. John's and I'd love to see how his game progresses as an upperclassman.
agree

Poison

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »

To be completely honest, I don't care what he did. I'd take him back. Maybe he did punch one of the coaches. After the job they did after he was suspended, there are probably a lot of season tickets holders who are okay with that.

crgreen

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I shook Walter Berry's hand and he told me he'd be back? ;D

Berry's options for leaving were a tad different, weren't they?  :)

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 02:26:34 AM »

Barkley told me he would be back as well.  Just bustin.  Great, encouraging post Shaun.  :up: