Midnight Madness

• 157 replies

QuanMan

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2015, 10:51:28 AM »
Reid has limitless potential, exciting stuff.
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »
Jersey well represented at MM. Smart move by the staff.

derk

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2015, 11:18:14 AM »
Excuse me if I wonder out loud.......you guys have no arguement with paying $8- $10 a draft beer downtown but balk at paying  4 beers worth to see your team confound me.   I have lived in a city where you can still buy $1.50 drafts on special but it costs $1000 to guarantee getting your $500 season seat for a team scheduled to finish 5th in the ACC this year.  You guys are New York?   That ain't the New York I grew up  and made my fortune in.  Perhaps you guys who push back can find a $25,000 a year job in Syracuse and drink $1.50 beers but pay up to $2000 a year for a decent seat at your teams games.  I have no idea who your rapper guest is but he can't measure up to the Syracuse Drum and Bugle Corps and the "Mad Fiddler" at your Midnight Madness.
found me.

Another one on his high horse.
Take your fortune and........................

The one who if he had his way we'd still have Norm.

ras

« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2015, 11:27:17 AM »
Excuse me if I wonder out loud.......you guys have no arguement with paying $8- $10 a draft beer downtown but balk at paying  4 beers worth to see your team confound me.   I have lived in a city where you can still buy $1.50 drafts on special but it costs $1000 to guarantee getting your $500 season seat for a team scheduled to finish 5th in the ACC this year.  You guys are New York?   That ain't the New York I grew up  and made my fortune in.  Perhaps you guys who push back can find a $25,000 a year job in Syracuse and drink $1.50 beers but pay up to $2000 a year for a decent seat at your teams games.  I have no idea who your rapper guest is but he can't measure up to the Syracuse Drum and Bugle Corps and the "Mad Fiddler" at your Midnight Madness.
found me.
. In Syracuse. They are the only game in town. We are a professional sports town, w Broadway , great dining and many other forms of entertainment. But, I agree w Marillac, Winning is what brings fans to the games. Mullin  coaching also helps and has been getting us a lot of press. But, this is NY and like Lavin found out, you have to produce.

« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
any idea what the turnout will be tonight? i saw some photos on twitter of fans lined  up this morning but haven't seen any since.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »
Will Fox sports do another BE midnight madness show this year?
Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

You can watch it online on the St.John's website for $49.99

« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »

You can watch it online on the St.John's website for $49.99

ha   Pay $50 just to watch that? Seriously?

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »
Maybe my computer is special but it says you can watch tip off for free on the the Redstorm Website. No idea why this isn't being promoted:

http://www.redstormsports.com/collegesportslive/?media=507969

paultzman

« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »
@AdamZagoria: I'm told @nazreon won't make it to St. John's tonight after all.

Moose

« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »
Maybe my computer is special but it says you can watch tip off for free on the the Redstorm Website. No idea why this isn't being promoted:

http://www.redstormsports.com/collegesportslive/?media=507969

Exactly.  Looked pretty much all day and there was no sign of it being streamed.

Good to see they are for those who cannot attend!  (See I'm being positive for my detractors)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:09 PM »
I don't know but I took a look and I've seen bigger crowds at shake shack

Moose

« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2015, 07:46:35 PM »
I don't know but I took a look and I've seen bigger crowds at shake shack

Probably because the sections behind the benches are being held for those buying and they are stashing students on the camera side or above the benches.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »
Bobby killed it!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
I can't get over how much quicker Lovett is compared to last year's squad.  It's nuts. 

« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
I'm very excited about LoVett now.

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2015, 08:59:33 PM »
I can't get over how much quicker Lovett is compared to last year's squad.  It's nuts. 

All I wanna do is watch him play. That first assist he had was ridiculous.

Marillac

« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »

To Sima in transition for the dunk?  That was pretty impressive...full speed.  Great angle by Sima.  Sima looks like a very able passer himself...just didn't even pretend to box out.  Yakwe got around him every time.

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

To Sima in transition for the dunk?  That was pretty impressive...full speed.  Great angle by Sima.  Sima looks like a very able passer himself...just didn't even pretend to box out.  Yakwe got around him every time.

Yup thats the one.

Marillac

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2015, 09:36:34 PM »
First impressions...

Lovett - Looks at least twice as quick as anyone we had last year...sick passer....over/under for turnovers set at 3.8. Wouldn't expect much from deep this year but midrange looks true.

Amar - Seriously leaned out.  Great dunks in layup line.  Impressive catch and reverse dunk in transition on late bonce pass.  Still slow.  Hideous three attempt.

Williams - Sloooooooooooow.  Was he hurt?  Was moving around funny.  Makes Amar look like Barry Sanders.

Mussini - True release.  Refreshing on offense.  Really knows the game and is very efficient with no wasted movements.  Might play more than I first thought.

M'Vouika - Didn't set his feet a few early threes.  Looks like he'll be a chucker.  Good arc on shot and nice release.  Still no idea what to expect from him.  Not the quickest kid but keeps his head up in transition and can pass.

Ellison - Got his feet set and squared up on all of his jumpers even the ones that weren't the best choices.  Very controlled kid.  My kind of player.

Sima - Good vision...showed really nice passing ability and use of angles passing and receiving.  Didn't attempt to box out but it's a scrimmage.  Tall.

Yakwe - Just hustles.  Beat Sima on every missed shot.  Sick hops.  I'd pick him on my squad every time. 

Balamou - Half-cozen boards.  Controlled and head always up. Still can't dribble.  Took a lot midrange jumpers...made about half

Johnson - Quiet tonight but had a few nice dribble drives.  Line drive jumper that isn't the prettiest but looks effective and is consistent. 

Holifield - Good looking shot and gets into it nicely