Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2016, 04:09:00 PM »
Dave I guess there is double standard on this board that Fordham can say anything he wants and you don't reprimand him.

I comment to a specific poster and you ban me.

All I ask if there was any clue and who the next assistant coach is and this guy Fordham puts me down.

I graduated from SJU and supports the school with donations and I should have the right to express my thoughts without somebody calling me out.

How come he didn't say anything when somebody suggested Dunlap or Ed Pickney.

I would appreciate the same respect that you give other posters.

paultzman

« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »
Since this decision was made and leaked in late March you have to figure their replacement has already been contacted and interviewed.

Props to Moose for taking the heat for the last two months lol.

Wrong place, wrong time for Slice. He's a NYer through and through, wish him nothing but the best moving forward.

With Mullin's connections I'm confident that we'll find the best possible replacement, and I'm excited to see who it is. There were glaring deficiencies on that bench last season, whoever the replacement is should fill those holes.

Good point on Moose dropping the discontent early.

Poison

« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2016, 04:10:22 PM »
Maybe he'd be more comfortable at UNLV. He can take the job, and resign during the same press conference. Program needs men who finish what they start. You accept a job, you f'n do it. His behavior is unprofessional.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:11:38 PM by Poison »

« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »
Since this decision was made and leaked in late March you have to figure their replacement has already been contacted and interviewed.

Wrong place, wrong time for Slice. He's a NYer through and through, wish him nothing but the best moving forward.

With Mullin's connections I'm confident that we'll find the best possible replacement, and I'm excited to see who it is. There were glaring deficiencies on that bench last season, whoever the replacement is should fill those holes.

My guess is the position will be filled from within.

paultzman

« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »

Agree, with Richmond moving up & new Special Assistant from Mullin's circle  perhaps.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:17:36 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
Tim Hardaway should be en route to NY as we speak.

Foad

« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2016, 04:39:47 PM »

Smart money says Zendon to DOB, DOB to staff position. They'd make Zendon an assistant but he can't spell assist.

« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »

Smart money says Zendon to DOB, DOB to staff position. They'd make Zendon an assistant but he can't spell assist.

He should hire a different guy from 85 every year. Whats Rob Cornegy doing these days?

« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
Personally here is my list to replace Slice
1. Walter Berry
2. Katie Morgan
3. Gene Hackman
4. Peter Dinklage
5. WASJU

Poison

« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2016, 05:44:04 PM »
Prediction: the same people who have been complaining that he was not producing on the recruiting trail will now bemoan his leaving most loudly.

As well they should.

TONYD3

« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
 Second year head coach at any level . 1st year top assistant who has never coached. Young assistant who focuses on recruiting .  24 year old assistant who is has coached 2 years.
I want to be just as positive as any of Mullin's biggest fans, but I see disaster. I hope I am wrong. I want to win.

« Reply #251 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »
Interesting situation to be in. We have only one recruiter, albeit a great recruiter, in Matt A. We have only one X and O guy in St Jean. Zendon is the big man coach, Mitch, really not sure his position.

If there was a George Blaney/Al Lobabo [sp?]/Jim Baron type. An older guy with plenty of X and O experience. Someone who CM obviously respects, can work w/ St Jean. To be honest, we could use an African-American, experienced X and O guy. Mark Jackson?

« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »
Squeaky wheel got the oil.

Marillac

« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »
Roster is young and talented. Go get a master X's and O's guy. Raid Xavier staff. They develop everyone they touch.

« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2016, 07:09:22 PM »
If there was a George Blaney/Al Lobabo [sp?]/Jim Baron type. An older guy with plenty of X and O experience. Someone who CM obviously respects, can work w/ St Jean. To be honest, we could use an African-American, experienced X and O guy. Mark Jackson?

John Chaney is too old to be attempting to kick Wojo's ass.

« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:43 PM »

John Chaney is too old to be attempting to kick Wojo's ass.

Not sure what African American has to do with anything. 

Need an experienced game coach. Man, woman, alien. Don't care

« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
1. Walter Berry
2. Katie Morgan
3. Gene Hackman
4. Peter Dinklage
5. WASJU

I would upgrade my seats and buy 3 more just to see Dinklage try and sit on the scorers table

« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
1. Walter Berry
2. Katie Morgan
3. Gene Hackman
4. Peter Dinklage
5. WASJU

I would upgrade my seats and buy 3 more just to see Dinklage try and sit on the scorers table

We already got a lil assistant

boo3

« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
He would never do it, but the Jackson idea is pretty interesting..

« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »
It's disappointing if Slice is leaving, but it appears not to have been the best fit for him from the start.  Nobody was going to land a 5 star to play for last year's expansion team, CM seems to have turned in-game coaching over to St. Jean, and the transfer route that we have clearly embraced with signing Simon and Clark is Matt's forte.  What does that leave for Slice to do right now?

It would take a year or two of winning before Slice would be able to do what he does best and land a big fish, and it appears that he doesn't want to wait that long to be productive.  I know that people will attribute this to friction between Slice and Matt, but I think that St. Jean's ascension as in-game coach is probably the more troubling reality for Slice.

You would think that the staff's individual roles would have been made clear before they all signed on and Slice left Kentucky to come work for his friend, but it looks as though simply coming home was not enough to keep Slice happy.
+1

I am not "in the know" but have suspected much of what you have stated here as being the root cause