Slice

• 512 replies

Moose

Re: Slice
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2016, 03:12:29 PM »
Oh you are looking for an actual recruiting update?  Hold on, let me see what I can come up with...LOL!

I was merely speculating on possibilities.   

I could have told you that Lavin and Chiles were secretly sabotaging SJU recruiting, I haven't drank enough yet to engage you there.

WTH?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »
Frank-When your life is like mine you tend to mix in various reasonable points with mindless drivel and pawn it off as intellectual thought.

Then you go have a few beers and start over again....:)

« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2016, 02:31:49 PM »

Myself I prefer Matt Moose is right Slice is not a SJU Grad and Matt is.

I think Matt is doing an outstanding job and maybe because Slice came with such a great rep that so far I been disappointed with him.

Were you expecting to see 4-5 star recruits coming through in droves in just a matter of a year?

Patience.

I think just because Lavin was able to get it done in his first year, some expect the same from Slice. Most of the kids they brought in last year have a lot if upside. On top of it, if the NCAA didn't screw the team over with Lovett, a lot of people would of been more content of how this season turned out. What puzzles me the most is that the class we have coming in is considered a top 20 class overall and top in the Big East (the last time I checked). However, people on this board are still complaining.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:33:07 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2016, 03:13:27 PM »
Mullin and staff only had three months to get their first class.  Lavin had a full year.  (Actually lavs first class consisted of Dwayne Polee).  Lavs first class was decimated by ineligibilities where Mullin's top 17 class won't be.

Poison

« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2016, 08:43:49 PM »
Mullin and staff only had three months to get their first class.  Lavin had a full year.  (Actually lavs first class consisted of Dwayne Polee).  Lavs first class was decimated by ineligibilities where Mullin's top 17 class won't be.

There is no St.John's coach in our lifetime that hasn't had to deal with ineligible players. Mullin has already had to deal with it. And whoever at St.John's handled the LoVett situation, it was handled pretty poorly. Chances can be taken, and LoVett's makes sense regardless of what happened this year, but if the trend continues and we lose key parts of our team, we've got a problem. If we take a shot on a player who's addition would be gravy, I don't like it, but we should all be able to accept the calculated risk in that case.

« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

There is no St.John's coach in our lifetime that hasn't had to deal with ineligible players. Mullin has already had to deal with it. And whoever at St.John's handled the LoVett situation, it was handled pretty poorly. Chances can be taken, and LoVett's makes sense regardless of what happened this year, but if the trend continues and we lose key parts of our team, we've got a problem. If we take a shot on a player who's addition would be gravy, I don't like it, but we should all be able to accept the calculated risk in that case.

We should be thanking our lucky stars for his situation. He practiced with the team and has 4 years left of eligibility at st johns. Could have been much, much worse
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2016, 10:19:51 PM »

Easy to criticize but what would have been your solution to PG recruitment last April???

ras

« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2016, 10:29:44 PM »

We should be thanking our lucky stars for his situation. He practiced with the team and has 4 years left of eligibility at st johns. Could have been much, much worse
+1

Marillac

« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2016, 10:30:19 PM »
Frank-When your life is like mine you tend to mix in various reasonable points with mindless drivel and pawn it off as intellectual thought.

At what point do the trannies enter the equation?

« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »

When your mother offers to come over...

Marillac

« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »

I'm Mr. Redshirt, so I definitely agree. His size should keep him from NBA and 30 mpg and team/personal success should keep him here for his fifth year.

We wonder how Xavier can be so good every year and a big part of that is directly redshirting quality players like Jaken Reynolds and one of my new favorites, Edmund Sumner or indirectly doing so through transfer like with Stainbrook and Abel.  Of course they also use that year to develop the hell out of their games and their bodies.

The staff had done as well as anyone could have hoped in terms of recruiting thus far. Now let's see what they can do with the talent and skill.

Poison

« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:38 PM »

Easy to criticize but what would have been your solution to PG recruitment last April???

Marcus LoVett, like I said in plain English.

« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2016, 12:37:02 AM »

I'm Mr. Redshirt, so I definitely agree. His size should keep him from NBA and 30 mpg and team/personal success should keep him here for his fifth year.

We wonder how Xavier can be so good every year and a big part of that is directly redshirting quality players like Jaken Reynolds and one of my new favorites, Edmund Sumner or indirectly doing so through transfer like with Stainbrook and Abel.  Of course they also use that year to develop the hell out of their games and their bodies.

The staff had done as well as anyone could have hoped in terms of recruiting thus far. Now let's see what they can do with the talent and skill.

The graduate rule does limit those redshirt opportunities however.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »

When your mother offers to come over...

Speaking of "Slice," thanks again for paying for the operation.  I know it will be in good hands with you, but remember to call  him Bruno now.  You kids have fun. 

« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »
Matt's taking questions again at the Met game:

Matt Abdelmassih ‏16 minutes ago
Hey @StJohnsBBall fans, shoot over a question and I will attempt my best to answer in between innings of the #mets game #sjubb

« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »
Bump...

pmg911

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »

wpc77

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2016, 04:56:53 PM »
He was at the taping of some puff tv piece the school did with Mullin yesterday at carnesecca. 

Spill it

TONYD3

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »

« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:29 PM »