paultzman

Re: Slice
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
Curious why some think Slice is the problem

Because Slice isn't an SJU grad

Triple zing!!!

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
Myself I prefer Matt Moose is right Slice is not a SJU Grad and Matt is.

I think Matt is doing an outstanding job and maybe because Slice came with such a great rep that so far I been disappointed with him.

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »

I think Matt is doing an outstanding job and maybe because Slice came with such a great rep that so far I been disappointed with him.

Were you expecting to see 4-5 star recruits coming through in droves in just a matter of a year?

Patience.

wpc77

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2016, 09:48:54 PM »

I hazard to guess that Moose was being sarcastic.

Wild, wild, wild guess. 

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
I can tell you people have seen and talked to Slice in Houston and there is no issue/no rift with the staff and he is very happy at SJU.

Looking forward to getting on the road this month for the 2 April Live periods (15-17 and 22-24) and getting this thing turned around.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:53:26 PM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2016, 01:02:36 PM »
I can tell you people have seen and talked to Slice in Houston and there is no issue/no rift with the staff and he is very happy at SJU.

Looking forward to getting on the road this month for the 2 April Live periods (15-17 and 22-24) and getting this thing turned around.

Excellent, we need him.

Tha Kid

« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »

Fantastic news.
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »

There was a rift.  That I will continue to say.  Whether its been smoothed over as you alluded to in a prior post, that very well could be the case.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »

There was a rift.  That I will continue to say.  Whether its been smoothed over as you alluded to in a prior post, that very well could be the case.

Do believe that. Glad it is resolved & hopefully we'll see Slice make his mark with 17 kids.

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:13 PM »

BTW-The reason why he sat apart at the PSAL game recently, he managed to snag better seats!!!! LOL!!!

Told he has great pull with the Public League people, Coach Mullin not so much....:)

paultzman

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2016, 01:53:54 PM »

BTW-The reason why he sat apart at the PSAL game recently, he managed to snag better seats!!!! LOL!!!

Told he has great pull with the Public League people, Coach Mullin not so much....:)

Know for a fact that Mullin gave up better seats to Jefferson family members. A friend of mine sat with Mullin & Matt.

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »

Know for a fact that Mullin gave up better seats to Jefferson family members. A friend of mine sat with Mullin & Matt.

You realize I was partly joking, right?

Moose

« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »

Do believe that. Glad it is resolved & hopefully we'll see Slice make his mark with 17 kids.

17 isn't looking so hot lately.  Hence the transfers.  Hopefully 18 he can clean up.

paultzman

« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »

You realize I was partly joking, right?

Of course, partly. :)

paultzman

« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »

17 isn't looking so hot lately.  Hence the transfers.  Hopefully 18 he can clean up.

Good point. Matt has a nice leg up for 18 with the two OSNA kids I believe.

« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:09 PM »

The transfers are for 2016, what difference would landing transfers or late 2016 recruits be towards 2017?  They both ultimately result in the same thing, use a scholarship for next season.

Are you saying if SJU was in better position for 2017 recruits the staff would intentionally leave open 3 scholarships for this year?

Moose

« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »

The transfers are for 2016, what difference would landing transfers or late 2016 recruits be towards 2017?  They both ultimately result in the same thing, use a scholarship for next season.

Are you saying if SJU was in better position for 2017 recruits the staff would intentionally leave open 3 scholarships for this year?

We went from maybe having only 1 ship for 17.  Now we technically have more.
By bringing in transfers who have to sit out a year it could work against us in terms of getting 17 kids and they would be joining guys who have already practiced a full year with the team.  The 17 names have cooled off. 

As Paultz mentioned between Matt and the OSNA 18 kids and then some good NJ guys Slice is on, 18 is shaping up to be a big haul possibly.

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »
Jones likely leaving with Amar, again things like that don't always get anticipated early on.

We'll see for '17.  SJU may not fill out all the ships this year, Yakwe has a huge year who knows in terms of leaving early (kid is a freak).

Lots of possibilities. 

Moose

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Jones likely leaving with Amar, again things like that don't always get anticipated early on.

We'll see for '17.  SJU may not fill out all the ships this year, Yakwe has a huge year who knows in terms of leaving early (kid is a freak).

Lots of possibilities. 

The name most associated with 17 is Tucker, right?  Some in the know feel he's not good.  Some feel that he's dragging us along.  Besides him who in 17?  Rafus has gone quiet.  Some feel we haven't even offered Wilson yet.  Not many names in 17 as we thought there were at one point.  But the whole time we felt we didn't have a lot of ships.  Coleman is a good name to just appear.

« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »
Oh you are looking for an actual recruiting update?  Hold on, let me see what I can come up with...LOL!

I was merely speculating on possibilities.   

I could have told you that Lavin and Chiles were secretly sabotaging SJU recruiting, I haven't drank enough yet to engage you there.