Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »
I love Slice, but he ain't getting the Pittsburgh HC gig. 

Now will Dixon try to lure him to TCU or will whoever lands the UNLV gig try to lure him - of course.  But I just cannot fathom him leaving Chris after one year, especially given their relationship AND what he is being paid.

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »
The word out of Pittsburgh is that Jamie Dixon is talking to TCU (his alma mater).  If the Pitt job opens up, this would be a very appealing opportunity for Slice.  Folks in the 'Burg love him.

Some of you need to stop sniffing glue.

BTW-He left Dixon and Pitt to go to Kentucky and then left Kentucky for SJU.  Are we saying he would go back to Dixon at a worse school then Pitt, Kentucky or SJU when he never had to leave Pitt to begin with all the while leaving his best friend-Mullin?

kg44

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 01:16:20 PM »

Now will Dixon try to lure him to TCU or will whoever lands the UNLV gig try to lure him - of course.  But I just cannot fathom him leaving Chris after one year, especially given their relationship AND what he is being paid.

You may be right that Slice has no shot to be the HC at Pitt. I have no idea and no connections to the AD's office.  I mention it because his name has been brought up locally amongst alums.  There are a few reasons:  1) Slice's connection to Pitt (which is a big factor amongst alums); 2) his successful recruiting (which is Jamie's biggest knock among Pitt alums); 3) Pitt usually does not pay big money to its coaches (limiting the competition); and 4) it's the type of opportunity for which Slice would leave St. John's (I can't imagine he would leave for another assistant job).  I personally don't think he will ultimately get the job, but I imagine he will throw his hat into the ring.     

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »

Barking up the wrong tree

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
Are Slice and Matt fighting over who gets credit for not landing a single 5 star recruit? Maybe they both should be put in their place, or removed from it. There is no credit given to anyone for last year's recruits. What appeared like a promising job by the staff was actually, overall, a pretty shitty job, and one that Lavin would have beaten, easily.

Lavin???
Hahaha   Poison, you ever thought about doing standup comedy? That was a good one.

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 05:52:52 PM »
Maybe this can play out Miller to Pittsburgh ACC conference better than PAC-12

The only thing that he might take the job is Arizona  has a great recruiting class.

Just say Miller to Pitt and Slice follows Dixon to TCU

Maybe Chris can convince booker to come to SJU

paultzman

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 05:55:19 PM »

The only thing that he might take the job is Arizona  has a great recruiting class.

Are you an alien? Crazy theories. :)

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »
Couldn't Booker opt to SJU over Pittsburgh

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
Sean Miller is not leaving Arizona for Pittsburgh for any one of a number of reasons. 

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »
Couldn't Booker opt to SJU over Pittsburgh

"Book" not Booker

SJU79

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2016, 06:33:22 PM »
Dear Scheppy,
Please stop. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:34:19 PM by SJU79 »

Pete88

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »

I think Booker goes to TCU along with Slicer and Laving too.  Oh and then Miller goes to Arizona to take over for Miller who goes to Pitt

Marillac

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2016, 07:06:18 PM »
Pitt is an awful job in the new ACC.

goredmen

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »
I want whatever it is all of you are smoking

Tha Kid

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »

Perhaps the other Miller.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 08:56:42 AM »

Gotta think Pitt takes a look at Kevin Willard

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:13 AM »
Pitt is an awful job in the new ACC.

Awful?

No awful is Rutgers, awful does not describe a program that went to 15 NCAA's in 17 years including 2 number 1 seeds, and several 2 ,3 seeds.  It is not the best job but it is not even close to awful.

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:10 AM »

You really think the fan base and the administration ran a coach who went to 13 NCAA's in 15 years out of town to hire Kevin Willard? 

They would burn the city down if that happened.

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 09:18:07 AM »

You really think the fan base and the administration ran a coach who went to 13 NCAA's in 15 years out of town to hire Kevin Willard? 

As we've proved, fans are nice persons. 

What have you done for me lately society

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »

As we've proved, fans are nice persons. 

What have you done for me lately society

Oh I agree but there is no way that the fan base would tolerate the hiring of Kevin Willard after what they essentially just pushed out the door. 

Archie makes the most sense but evidently there is some bad blood with the Millers and Pitt.

This job search may be similar to the Virginia job a few years ago and Oregon a few years ago as well in the sense that it has a feel of an outside the box hire.  In other words when Tony Bennett was hired from Washington St at UVA and when Oregon struck out with Izzo and Dixon and Billy Donovan with all of that NIKE money and instead settled for Dana Altman at Creighton many shook their heads at those hires.  Not bad coaches but did not seem to be the right fit.

I could see something like that at Pitt.  Someone from out West maybe.