Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies

derk

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2020, 11:31:33 AM »
Your a liar. We have 0 all big east selections on the team.

At the beginning of the year both Figueroa and Heron were selected as 2nd team all BE players.

TONYD3

« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »
At the beginning of the year both Figueroa and Heron were selected as 2nd team all BE players.
Neither player achieved or will achieve all big East anything.

Johnny23

« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2020, 11:57:23 AM »

And that means exactly what now after the real games were played? Nada, zilch. Neither are getting any mention unless there's a biggest disappointment team.

TONYD3

« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
And that means exactly what now after the real games were played? Nada, zilch. Neither are getting any mention unless there's a biggest disappointment team.
That’s not fair either. LJ is getting abused on Twitter. He hasn’t stopped playing hard. Yes he is taking bad shots. It’s not like their are better options. Heron is still involved. Both are good players and great kids. Neither is as good as we would have hoped. Neither regressed.

SJUFAN

« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »
That’s not fair either. LJ is getting abused on Twitter. He hasn’t stopped playing hard. Yes he is taking bad shots. It’s not like their are better options. Heron is still involved. Both are good players and great kids. Neither is as good as we would have hoped. Neither regressed.

They’re good players. They are not good enough to overcome the rosters short comings.

Marillac

« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2020, 01:24:00 PM »

Heron achieved All-SEC twice. He and LJ were named two of the top 12 players in the league based off of their play the year before. The people who voted them there coached against them 2-3 games last season and coach basketball for a living.

Just because Anderson can’t use them effectively doesn’t mean they aren’t good players or worthy of those honors.

According to the Arkansas posters, Anderson has struggled with top tier players in the past including last year with Daniel Gafford—who was the 38th pick in the draft and is averaging 5 and 2.5 for the bulls.

What are the odds that our two best returning players and the #38 pick in the 2019 NBA draft were all underachievers in the span of two seasons?

Marillac

« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »

And who do you think would be voted the coach of that team?

It would be unanimous. Anderson has done as poorly with this team as any coach in SJU history would have done. It’s completely and udderly indefensible. Creighton and Butler were voted just ahead of us at 7th and 8th, respectively, and both teams are in the top 25 of the NET and have been top 10 in the polls. Georgetown, bites #6 when they had All-League Akinjo and a full roster, swept us with 7 scholarship players.

Looking at next year and arguing why that will be different when he gets more guys he can use effectively is where the energy should be focused. Learn to concede sh*t points.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 01:34:16 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2020, 01:37:34 PM »
Ready2rumble thinks mullin should have been given an extension. Carmine would say post something stupid like that. 
Yes, Mullin should have been given an extension. Hollywood should have received one before him. Only Norm should have been shown the door after year 5 when his record stopped improving.

« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2020, 01:42:01 PM »
Embarrassing is going 4-14 with 3 NBA players. Going 3-15 with the worst roster in the BE is called rebuilding. One of the announcers last night stated “this is the roster Anderson inherited, help is on the way next year”.
Yes, there were embarrassing seasons under Mullin. That's what made the 4th season triumph all the more sweeter.  Who was the last coach we had no embarrassing seasons under. Fran?

« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2020, 01:43:44 PM »
Your a liar. We have 0 all big east selections on the team.
My bad. I said preseason selections the other 50 times I posted this. I forgot this once.

« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »
Continue to maintain you never take a shot at Anderson. Doctors say there is no medicine like a good hearty laugh and you provide multiple ones on a daily basis. 2 all BE selections? Hahahaha! Pre season-guess they should just hand out the trophies before the season plays out. One of them has been injury riddled all season but then you knew that. You were just providing us with a good healthy hearty laugh. Hahahaha.
That's not a shot. It's the truth. I bet if you asked CFC he would say that he's embarrassed by 3-15 and his first career below .500 finish.

I slip up once with loose fingers and the traitors pounce. You caught me. I meant preseason all BE. I think I said that every other time. Which has been a lot of times.

« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »
Yeah, that's fractionally on the coach. You decide how much.

« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2020, 01:59:03 PM »
Heron achieved All-SEC twice. He and LJ were named two of the top 12 players in the league based off of their play the year before. The people who voted them there coached against them 2-3 games last season and coach basketball for a living.

Just because Anderson can’t use them effectively doesn’t mean they aren’t good players or worthy of those honors.

According to the Arkansas posters, Anderson has struggled with top tier players in the past including last year with Daniel Gafford—who was the 38th pick in the draft and is averaging 5 and 2.5 for the bulls.

What are the odds that our two best returning players and the #38 pick in the 2019 NBA draft were all underachievers in the span of two seasons?

So the 31st ranked high school recruit gets drafted 38th overall after averaging 17 & 9 and shooting 66% from the field as a sophomore. That’s underachieving. Yea cherry pick the words of Arkansas fans who you would be disagreeing with if it didn’t fit your view. I mean whoever could be wrong about the team they root for? Havnt you read one of your posts the last year about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateds and single digit IQ’s?

You havnt used a bit of middle ground since mullin left sju. It’s getting to be pathetic.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »
Neither regressed.
Both regressed. A lot. And that's rare in a Johnny. Only Reggie Jessie comes to mind.

I've got nothing against the kid and don't know the details but Gil Scott didn't, or couldn't, try to rehab and make it back for the end of the season stint against ranked teams and the BE tournament. Outwardly it appears like he might have pulled a "Lovett".

TONYD3

« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »
That's not a shot. It's the truth. I bet if you asked CFC he would say that he's embarrassed by 3-15 and his first career below .500 finish.

I bet you he would be. Our coach is trying and he is a competitor. Did coach muggggggles ever seem embarrassed?

TONYD3

« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »
Both regressed. A lot. And that's rare in a Johnny. Only Reggie Jessie comes to mind.

I've got nothing against the kid and don't know the details but Gil Scott didn't, or couldn't, try to rehab and make it back for the end of the season stint against ranked teams and the BE tournament. Outwardly it appears like he might have pulled a "Lovett".

You have nothing against the kid but you just called him a quitter. All to win an argument. Your boy was (not is) a bum.

« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »

If Gil Scott is Heron he recently under went ankle surgery so no LoVett comparison is in order.

Johnny23

« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »

That wasn't the point. The point that I replied to was neither will be on any All Big East team at this end of this season. Fact. End of story.

Johnny23

« Reply #458 on: February 27, 2020, 03:16:49 PM »
And who do you think would be voted the coach of that team?

It would be unanimous. Anderson has done as poorly with this team as any coach in SJU history would have done. It’s completely and udderly indefensible. Creighton and Butler were voted just ahead of us at 7th and 8th, respectively, and both teams are in the top 25 of the NET and have been top 10 in the polls. Georgetown, bites #6 when they had All-League Akinjo and a full roster, swept us with 7 scholarship players.

Looking at next year and arguing why that will be different when he gets more guys he can use effectively is where the energy should be focused. Learn to concede sh*t points.

Way to try and change the subject. Forget the coach, focus on the players Einstein. Neither is making All Big East anything. That's a fact. I am right. Period.

TONYD3

« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »
Yes, there were embarrassing seasons under Mullin. That's what made the 4th season triumph all the more sweeter.  Who was the last coach we had no embarrassing seasons under. Fran?
Only mullin