Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY

• 784 replies
Re: Lance Stephenson - SF - Abraham Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #440 on: January 28, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »
I know he said he was going to commit in the Spring, do we know when in the Spring? Early or late?

« Reply #441 on: January 31, 2009, 06:19:37 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/31/lance-gilchrist-named-1st-team-all-americans/#more-11127

**Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s don’t have a single player on the list. Among Big East teams will multiple commits on the first 20 teams are: Villanova (4); Marquette (3), Louisville (2) and Pittsburgh (2). Syracuse, Cincinnati and UConn each had one.

HOOP SCOOP FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICAN

Derrick Favors, Sr. C, South Atlanta High - GEORGIA TECH

Michael Gilchrist, So WF, Elizabeth (NJ) St. Patrick

Lance Stephenson, Sr. WF, Brooklyn Lincoln

Kenny Boynton, Sr. 2G, American Heritage (Fla.)

Avery Bradley, Sr. 2G, Findlay Prep (NV) - TEXAS

« Reply #442 on: January 31, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
He is currently down in Maryland watching the Terps play Miami.  My friend, a Maryland fan, called and said Lance called Gary abt coming down to watch a game there.  I know Padgett his teammate is committed to the terps.  They may be another team to watch out for. 

« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/03/lance-says-marylands-in-memphis-is-out-plans-on-announcing-in-march/#more-11258

Lance Says Maryland’s in, Memphis is Out; Plans on Announcing in March
Posted on Feb 3, 2009 10:11 pm
Lance Stephenson’s recruitment has taken another interesting turn.

The 6-foot-5 Stephenson says Maryland is now on his list, and Memphis is out.

He also plans on announcing in March, ideally after Lincoln plays in the PSAL Boys AA championship game slated for March 21 at Madison Square Garden.

“Hopefully when I win the city championship — hopefully we get there — I’ll name right after that,” Stephenson said. The Railsplitters are the three-time defending PSAL AA champions.

Stephenson, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2009 according to the Hoop Scoop, made his latest comments after posting a double-double of 21 points and 20 rebounds as the Railsplitters downed PSAL AA rival Thomas Jefferson, 88-81, Tuesday night at Jefferson in Brooklyn.

Lance says his new list looks like this.

“St. John’s, Maryland, Kansas and USC,” he said.

What about Memphis?

“They’re not really recruiting me no more,” Stephenson said. “I think they got the shooting guard that they want [Xavier Henry], so I don’t want to name them no more.”

Stephenson has taken an unofficial visit to St. John’s and has repeatedly said he likes the idea of bringing the Johnnies back to prominence. Yet he  has not taken officials anywhere but Maryland.

“Not as of right now, no,” Stephenson said. “But I’m going to look at all the other schools I just named.”

In a surprising development, Stephenson visited Maryland Saturday night,  his first official visit.

“Maryland, I had fun,” he said. “We talked about Padge [6-8 Maryland-bound forward James Padgett of Lincoln], how we’re going to get him ready for Maryland,” Stephenson said. “That’s a good look for me and him to go to. I’m just looking at different schools and trying to see where the best fit is.”

He added: “They’re kind of high on my list. I didn’t go and  visit all the other schools. I just visited that school. It’s the first official visit. I’m just going to see what the other schools look like and pick by that.”

Stephenson watched the Terps beat Miami in ACC action and said he was impressed.

“I watched the game,” he said. “They played against Miami. They beat Miami. That was a tough win. They played hard that game and after that I just chilled with the coaches. We talked about how I could make a big change in the program.”

Asked what he thought of the ACC, Stephenson said, “That’s the toughest league in college.”

Asked what he thought about the Terps’ style, he said: “They play up and down, up tempo. And they play hard defense though they don’t have a big man. They still look like they have a big man by the way that they play.”

Stephenson said Maryland assistant Keith Booth first reached out to him during the time they were recruiting Padgett.

“They come to see Padgett, so they just figured that it would be a good look if they talked to me too and tried to get me and Padgett to play together again,” Stephenson said.

Said Padgett: “He said it was pretty cool [on the visit]. He liked it up there, but it’s up to him. Nobody knows what he’s going to do. He has a lot of options.”

He added: “It would be pretty good [to play with him again]. He could help the team out on the perimeter.”

Stephenson said he would like to play with Padgett again at the next level.

“He loves playing with me and he said I always motivate him to play harder in all the games and at practice,” Stephensonn said, “so he said that would be a good look.”

« Reply #445 on: February 03, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »
Padgett sucks IMO.

« Reply #446 on: February 03, 2009, 10:43:47 PM »
“Hopefully when I win the city championship — hopefully we get there — I’ll name right after that,” Stephenson said.

Announcing at MSG?  No better place to say you're bringing college hoops back to NYC!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #447 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
“Hopefully when I win the city championship — hopefully we get there — I’ll name right after that,” Stephenson said.

Announcing at MSG?  No better place to say you're bringing college hoops back to NYC!

I agree, but first they have to get to the Championship game.
Not sure if that’s a lock at this point in their season!

« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
He is currently down in Maryland watching the Terps play Miami.  My friend, a Maryland fan, called and said Lance called Gary abt coming down to watch a game there.  I know Padgett his teammate is committed to the terps.  They may be another team to watch out for.

Looks like Gary Williams made a desperation move and opened up the checkbook

« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2009, 12:20:17 AM »

I agree, but first they have to get to the Championship game.
Not sure if that’s a lock at this point in their season!
Don't worry. Lance will carry Lincoln when it counts and win his record 4th city championship.

« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2009, 01:13:45 AM »
Padgett sucks IMO.

I'd rather have Omari Lawrence in my class than Padgett.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #451 on: February 07, 2009, 02:33:03 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/07/lance-dexter-to-headline-nike-super-6/#more-11399

"Don’t be surprised if he leads Lincoln to the PSAL title on March 21 at Madison Square Garden and then announces amidst all the confetti and celebration that he’ll suit up next year for the Johnnies."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 03:19:34 PM by Dave »

Tha Kid

« Reply #452 on: February 09, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »
434 posts on Lance?

Some y'all thinkin he the savin grace.

Think again.

This team doesnt need a saving grace. Just a few top 50 recruits, which Omari and Lance are.

Choz is right --- Lance would def be a great player to have, but you're kidding yourself Baldi if you think we are more than a 9 or 10 seed at BEST even with lance.  And then it just gets worse again when he leaves and our sophs graduate.  We need a coach - but until we know we are looking for one, Lance is the best option.
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #453 on: February 09, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
With Lance i promise you this team will have a huge turn around

You've been wrong about everything since you started posting.  A promise from you is meaningless--at least when it relates to this team.

« Reply #454 on: February 09, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
It seems to me that you have a problem with what i think and say and the sad thing is that you are negative about everything and when the program does turn around you will find other things to whine and or complain about, so anything you say is worthless

« Reply #455 on: February 09, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
Alright guys lets just agree to disagree so stay on topic and if you want continue into I'm right you're wrong please do it via PM. Lets keep discussion on Lance Stephenson here

LJSA

« Reply #456 on: February 09, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
You guys should have a cage match with Lance as special guest referee. All proceeds can go toward Norm's buyout.

« Reply #457 on: February 10, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »
Does anyone know why Lance didn't make the Jordan Brand game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3897085

Jordan Classic Rosters
Name    Position    State    College
Kenny Boynton   G    Fla.   Florida
Avery Bradley   G   Nev.   Texas
Dominic Cheek   W   N.J.    Villanova
DeMarcus Cousins   F/C   Ala.   Undecided
Derrick Favors   F/C    Ga.    Georgia Tech
Abdul Gaddy   G   Wash.    Washington
Keith Gallon   F/C   Va.    Oklahoma
Jordan Hamilton   W   Calif.    Texas
Xavier Henry   W   Okla.    Memphis
John Henson   F/C   Fla.   North Carolina
Lamont Jones   G   Va.    Virginia Tech
Wallace Judge   F   Fla.    Kansas State
Tommy Mason-Griffin   G    Texas   Okla.
Alex Oriakhi   F/C   N.H.    UConn
Daniel Orton   C   Okla.    Kentucky
Mason Plumlee   F/C   N.C.   Duke
Durand Scott   G   N.Y.   Miami
Renardo Sidney   F   Calif.    Undecided
John Wall   G   N.C.   Undecided
Royce White   W   Minn.    Minnesota
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »
Does anyone know why Lance didn't make the Jordan Brand game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3897085

Jordan Classic Rosters
Name    Position    State    College
Kenny Boynton   G    Fla.   Florida
Avery Bradley   G   Nev.   Texas
Dominic Cheek   W   N.J.    Villanova
DeMarcus Cousins   F/C   Ala.   Undecided
Derrick Favors   F/C    Ga.    Georgia Tech
Abdul Gaddy   G   Wash.    Washington
Keith Gallon   F/C   Va.    Oklahoma
Jordan Hamilton   W   Calif.    Texas
Xavier Henry   W   Okla.    Memphis
John Henson   F/C   Fla.   North Carolina
Lamont Jones   G   Va.    Virginia Tech
Wallace Judge   F   Fla.    Kansas State
Tommy Mason-Griffin   G    Texas   Okla.
Alex Oriakhi   F/C   N.H.    UConn
Daniel Orton   C   Okla.    Kentucky
Mason Plumlee   F/C   N.C.   Duke
Durand Scott   G   N.Y.   Miami
Renardo Sidney   F   Calif.    Undecided
John Wall   G   N.C.   Undecided
Royce White   W   Minn.    Minnesota

Not sure if this is the reason, but are these kids only allowed to play in 2 all star games? I think that used to be the rule? Either way, very suprising hes not on that list-Did they release the local rosters yet?

« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/10/jordan-brand-selections-mickey-ds-leaking-out/

The selections for the Jordan Brand Classic were announced Tuesday night on ESPNU and the shocking news is that both Lance Stephenson and North Carolina-bound guard Dexter Strickland did not make the team.

Ironically, the announcements were made on the same night Lance dropped 50 points in front of Maryland Coach Gary Williams.

I can’t imagine why these guys aren’t in it, but it’s a bad job by the folks at Jordan. If it has something to do with Lance wear-testing Under Armour gear for Lincoln, then shame on the Jordan folks.

“Yes, that’s terrible,” Lincoln coach Dwayne “Tiny” Morton wrote in a text message. “I don’t believe that, in New York City at the Garden. He played at their [Nike] camps. He loves Jordan shoes. I know he wanted to play in that game