Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Is there any date where a recruit has to select a school before he becomes ineligible for the upcoming season?

pmg911

He isn't going prep.

I haven't heard Prep school either but I have heard he might go to JUCO.

Moose

Oh goodie. This thread is going to get fun again :2funny:
The excitement would've been here longer if you didn't tell people to forget about him. Lol see what we missed!

Well I was referencing Marillac taking a little potshot at Fordham as this thread getting fun again.  Also in light of me and Theo going at it about Obekpa's offensive game last week.

As for what me and others said about 'forgetting him'.  It was very clear he was gone.  When he comes after the fact and if you bump into some people like Lavin he might even tell you that we lost him and got him back.  Things change in recruiting.  Makes me wonder if maybe in the future I shouldn't say anything and just lay in the weeds.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Wow Someone just got taken to the woodshed

DFF6

Makes me wonder if maybe in the future I shouldn't say anything and just lay in the weeds.
[/quote]

They're are a few posters I wouldn't mind to see laying in the weeds more often than not.  IMO, you're definitely not one of them.  ;)

The excitement would've been here longer if you didn't tell people to forget about him. Lol see what we missed!

Well I was referencing Marillac taking a little potshot at Fordham as this thread getting fun again. 

I am not responding to that idiot anymore.  Does he really thinK I would talk about the fact his family got spooked about the off the court stuff at Cincy if I did not have someone tell me this directly who knew this info?

Marillac

Well I was referencing Marillac taking a little potshot at Fordham as this thread getting fun again. 

I am not responding to that idiot anymore.  Does he really thinK I would talk about the fact his family got spooked about the off the court stuff at Cincy if I did not have someone tell me this directly who knew this info?

You are just tapped into the scene aren't you?  Got people at every school with inside info...even connected to CO's family in Nigeria.  As for the answer to your question, I absolutely think you made it up.  Nobody knows what this kid is thinking.  The surest thing in recruiting is that if a kid keeps it quiet, others will try to interpret for him. 

Is there any date where a recruit has to select a school before he becomes ineligible for the upcoming season?

No...just has to enroll on time in the fall.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

Hatfields and McCoys have nothing on you guys! Hard to believe these are good times for SJU hoops!

boo3

Hatfields and McCoys have nothing on you guys! Hard to believe these are good times for SJU hoops!

Another bonus of good times in STJ hoops is that Baldi's posting frequency drops 5 fold.

Nah that probably had to do with Iona being the better team. Get used to it

boo3

That was your one shining moment, 2011-2012, I hope you enjoyed it.  Year before StJ did the same thing, got bounced in the first round.. It really isn't anything to be proud of.

Go forward there really is no comparison between the two schools.  We are building a national powerhouse, you are building a Maac dynasty, if your lucky...  Enjoy!

That was your one shining moment, 2011-2012, I hope you enjoyed it.  Year before StJ did the same thing, got bounced in the first round.. It really isn't anything to be proud of.

Go forward there really is no comparison between the two schools.  We are building a national powerhouse, you are building a Maac dynasty, if your lucky...  Enjoy!

Our 2010-11 year was way better than Iona's 2011-12 year. We knocked off how many top 10 teams? A 12-6 BE record, top 25 team for the first time in a decade, now that's something to be proud of. We lost Kennedy and got a bad matchup against a good Gonzaga team.

Sure we lost in the first round, but at least we didn't blow a 25 point lead to BYU.

Chilleb

AdamZagoria St. John's is making "steady progress" with uncommitted 2012 F Chris Obekpa, source tells @SNYtv
I guess patience is a virtue?!.

Our 2010-11 year was way better than Iona's 2011-12 year. We knocked off how many top 10 teams? A 12-6 BE record, top 25 team for the first time in a decade, now that's something to be proud of. We lost Kennedy and got a bad matchup against a good Gonzaga team.

Sure we lost in the first round, but at least we didn't blow a 25 point lead to BYU.

FWIW Iona lost in the 1st round in 2012, STJ in the 2nd Round in 2011, though I prefer to think of it in more traditional terms with STJ losing in the first round and Iona losing in a Play-In game.  Not really a tourney team at all.  ; )

paultzman

AdamZagoria St. John's is making "steady progress" with uncommitted 2012 F Chris Obekpa, source tells @SNYtv

We will be very happen soon or I am going to attend Cinci myself! Seriously, we should feel very good! Things can always change, but I do not think so.

derk

Oh steady. I guess by Jan. he should be all wrapped up

I really really hope I'm wrong, but I have a friend that talks regularly with one of Chris's insiders,
and as of this weekend- he said he's still slightly leaning Cinn but yes SJU very much in it.

He doesn't know if qualified(didnt ask).
Location is a factor (oregon out) & Felix @ SJU helps a lot.

I trust the source a lot.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:29:47 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Mike

Makes me wonder if maybe in the future I shouldn't say anything and just lay in the weeds.

They're are a few posters I wouldn't mind to see laying in the weeds more often than not.  IMO, you're definitely not one of them.  ;)
[/quote]

+1

One thing i can not understand about this kid and his so called handlers is if they are so close to him wouldnt they want him at a school around here?  Do they feel if going to SJU they would not be as involved with him because the coaching staff wont let them?  I dont think it is against NCAA rules to talk to kids as long as they are not doing anything inproper such as benefits.   I mean a Juco should be for kids who dont have the grades, want to develop their game or think they can go pro after one year no matter what school they go too.  You see that alot in Baseball because if you are of age you can declare right away or just spend two years and go and most of the time it is really just about grades. 

For someone to take this long there is definitely more to to it than just his handlers but my opinion it cant be about grades.  Wouldnt someone have atleast mentioned it at some point or did i miss that?