Christopher Obekpa - PF - Our Savior New American - Centereach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 1708 replies

ras

What we need is a poster who is a professional twitter analyzer. LOL

sju89tr

Hopefully Tony Parker's spirit suddenly tells him that St. John's is where he should be.

Or Zena's SAT score was transposed LOL

sju89tr

Funny those tweets are gone

sju89tr

I'm new to posting but been a fan forever and always reading these boards.

Now on to this topic, the pay subject was obviously a joke so ignore that. The other sentence definitely translates into that his spirit is not with st. John's and he is for sure. It's karma if he joins st. John's. I'm for one and they are for you.
We are a catholic school. We have the Holy Spirit. How much more spirit can a school get ?

In addition, God's own Gift plays for us, we have a ton of spirit

LJSA

Hopefully he has a change of heart if the board's crack translation team is correct. It would have been so sweet to actually have a big-time shot blocker like big-time college programs do.

Maybe a huge earthquake will strike downtown Providence in the next day or so and he'll take that as a sign to come here.

Marillac

Hopefully he has a change of heart if the board's crack translation team is correct. It would have been so sweet to actually have a big-time shot blocker like big-time college programs do.

Maybe a huge earthquake will strike downtown Providence in the next day or so and he'll take that as a sign to come here.

I actually went to a Nigerian Pidgin English site for a minute LOL.  Days like this are why I can't go without reading these sites.  I was just telling myself nothing has happened for a long time, but I still checked an hour after my last visit and Balamou commits. Next thing I know I'm interpreting a language I didn't know existed! 

Happy

I actually went to a Nigerian Pidgin English site for a minute LOL.  Days like this are why I can't go without reading these sites.  I was just telling myself nothing has happened for a long time, but I still checked an hour after my last visit and Balamou commits. Next thing I know I'm interpreting a language I didn't know existed!

Funny stuff.. I feel the same way.. And I am guilty of trying as well.. Safe to say that website isn't the same as Rosetta Stone :)

boo3

No offense, but based on his "tweets", he comes off as a flake.  That being said, If he wants to come here and grab 10 boards and block 4 shots a night, i don't care what language he speaks.

if "abi" means right, he said "they don't pay right lol"

Which says to me, he's just joking around and saying, oh ill jump on it now if they pay (but he's just joking).  And my guess is if he's public with that, he's not looking for payment, just joking. 

Who knows.

"abi" means us or we........in all former English colonies the word "abi" is broken english meaning, " all of us" or "all of our kind"

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)

OK...here's my attempt at this

My gut tells me to not join St. John's for real, I'm sure of that.  But you do have to say it's Karma when your gut tells you no but you do otherwise......I for one are with you.

NYCoffey

My interpretation is that he's hella hungry. Fasho.

By the way can anyone tell me what fasho means. Is it for sure? I have no idea what these kids are talking about. I actually liked tracking Kyle Anderson because I understood what the hell he was talking about.

Obekpa chris:
@SUdobi ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u         (HUH?)

OK...here's my attempt at this

My gut tells me to not join St. John's for real, I'm sure of that.  But you do have to say it's Karma when your gut tells you no but you do otherwise......I for one are with you.
I nominate you for johnnyjungle linguistic expert

Moose

My interpretation is that he's hella hungry. Fasho.

By the way can anyone tell me what fasho means. Is it for sure? I have no idea what these kids are talking about. I actually liked tracking Kyle Anderson because I understood what the hell he was talking about.

For sure
Remember who broke the Slice news

Ok guys I know you all have questions about what he was saying. So I brought in an expert to translate....

5 Best Rappers Of All Time
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

This was his quote: "ma spirit no join st johns for real I for show but its karma when ur spirit tell u something no do otherwise.. I for wan dey wif u"

Here is a reliable translation from Nigerian pidgin:

"My spirit doesn't go with St. John's for real, I'm for sure.  It's karma when your spirit tells you something.  Don't do otherwise [that is, go against your spirit].  I should want to be with you."

I hate to say it, I've been accused of being overly positive in the past, but this doesn't look good.  He says he spirit doesn't take SJU.  He believes one shouldn't go against what they believe.  He says he should want to be with us (but obviously doesn't feel he should).

The only other way to interpret the "I/I  for/should  wan/want  dey/to be  wif/with  u/you" is that he is saying to the female he is talking to that "I should want to be with you (the girl).  But that doesn't really work, since what he would say would be "I wan dey wif u" which means I want to be a couple with you.

Also, the bit on "pay" is a joke, but it certainly meant "pay".  But it was a joke.  Can't remember the exact language he used, the "abi" part is not important, sort of like "Isn't it?" but the "don pay" means simply "have payed".

Happy

This is the silliest day ever on this board . 

Nothing silly.  Lavin needs to put the full court press on Obekpa.  Young people change their minds all the time, let's hope he does.  I must say, though, its a bit of a kick in the gut.  Also, my translation of his tweet has been confirmed by a pidgin speaker.

gman

I still think it is very creepy that grown men follow the Twitter accounts of teenage boys

I've personally never used twitter and didn't read Obekpa's post.  Only read it on this site.  But isn't twitter supposed to be public, so that people follow "tweets", subscribe and the whole bit?  This isn't exactly NEWS OF THE WORLD phonehacking scandal or reading someone's private emails.

Teenage boys?  Yiikes.  Just the reference sounds creepy!  But we are not talking about middle schoolers, we're talking about teenagers like Harkless, thinking about cashing in on his NBA contract and Obekpa, a man 3x the size of a normal human being who is a game changer for a DI sports program.

Marillac

What we need is a poster who is a professional twitter analyzer. LOL

LOL

Like how NFL teams have a "capologist."  Haha